Cameron Penny
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Playing this quest now and very much enjoying it.

The first step of the quest appears to involve praying at a particular place (or places), in which case I am instructed to draw card 239. Card 239 says when revealed, draw card 58 (because of my clue card modifier). Card 58 has a thumbs up "23" which might be an error?

Regardless, I then take the green 58 card, which tells me that I will have to pray again at an idol to find out more.

My question is this - if I save the game and return to this area, can I simply pray at the idol again? In which case I will have to draw a gold card 58 (as the existing green card is in my inventory). Or does the quest require me to travel to a different idol on the map (in which case perhaps the text on card 239 should say this?) I am wondering if this is intended or if I should be travelling elsewhere on the map.

Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is official errata related you mention, but this is weird so I'll spoiler tag it:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
There is official errata that card "028" has "023" in the thumbs up when it should have "008". It's odd that you'd be saying the same issue here and I don't know if it is related.

On your follow-up, I am spoiling for people that travel her via subscription...
I would likely suspect that the card would be banished if you can't use the same idol again. Remember that you return all the discards before reloading, so unless the card is banished (or somehow in your inventory as you say), you will see the green card again.

Unfortunately I can't help more as I haven't actually seen those cards, I am just answering based on how you describe them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Penny
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Thank you very much - yes I noticed that errata also, the coincidence is interesting.

I think I will camp for now and await Bruno etc response. It feels okay that I could sleep and pray again at the same idol after a while has passed.

The card in question is a permanent event - it does not say "Banish this card when removed from the board", although I am not sure if that is what is intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Drake_NZ wrote:

The first step of the quest appears to involve praying at a particular place (or places), in which case I am instructed to draw card 239. Card 239 says when revealed, draw card 58 (because of my clue card modifier). Card 58 has a thumbs up "23" which might be an error?

Regardless, I then take the green 58 card, which tells me that I will have to pray again at an idol to find out more.

My question is this - if I save the game and return to this area, can I simply pray at the idol again? In which case I will have to draw a gold card 58 (as the existing green card is in my inventory). Or does the quest require me to travel to a different idol on the map (in which case perhaps the text on card 239 should say this?) I am wondering if this is intended or if I should be travelling elsewhere on the map.

Thanks!!!

Normally the code shows the exact card that should generate the one you are about to draw. There are multiple cards that can generate the card in question, the code on the back is meant to confirm that the card generating this one should start with 23, and then the last number could be a variable depending on where you are in the curse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Sautter
France
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CheddarLimbo wrote:
Drake_NZ wrote:

Thanks!!!

Normally the code shows the exact card that should generate the one you are about to draw. There are multiple cards that can generate the card in question, the code on the back is meant to confirm that the card generating this one should start with 23, and then the last number could be a variable depending on where you are in the curse.

I confirm.
The thumb says 23? (question mark), not 23. So you could come from card 230, 231, 232...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Penny
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Thank you - I realise the point know about the number on the back. So does this mean you can still pray multiple times at the same place to generate a new (this time golden) card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Sautter
France
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drake_NZ wrote:
Thank you - I realise the point know about the number on the back. So does this mean you can still pray multiple times at the same place to generate a new (this time golden) card?

Yes,
pray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sendy
msg tools
BrunoS wrote:
Drake_NZ wrote:

Yes,
pray!

Wow this makes it a bit easier...didn't even occur to me i have been hunting down different idols.
still accumulating the exp points means you have to move around anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Gatewood
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I didn't think you could repeat an action on a Terrain card if a Permanent Event card attached to the Terrain card shows that the action has already been performed (in this case, the Pray Action)?

from the Rule Book pg. 10:
An action cannot be taken if: this action is (bronze arrow with white action box) visible in the placement arrow of a Permanent Event card attached to the Terrain card the player's figure is standing on-this means that the action has already been performed and cannot be performed again on the Terrain card..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there was also an implication to save the game between attempts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you
banish the 777 card io order to obtain easy xp at the Cavern Guardian (the one upper/near the Goddess) and speed things up a little?
?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lantzbg wrote:
I didn't think you could repeat an action on a Terrain card if a Permanent Event card attached to the Terrain card shows that the action has already been performed (in this case, the Pray Action)?

from the Rule Book pg. 10:
An action cannot be taken if: this action is (bronze arrow with white action box) visible in the placement arrow of a Permanent Event card attached to the Terrain card the player's figure is standing on-this means that the action has already been performed and cannot be performed again on the Terrain card..

You cannot perform the action on YOUR current tile that gives access to the permanent action on the attached card (ie you can perform no more examine/explore in your card since it gives access to pray on the attached Goddess card)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.