James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When using Marshal & Prisoners, the Strongbox in the Locomotive is replaced during setup with the 2 Mailbags.

However, there are a number of rules that refer directly to the Strongbox. It would be good to have a definitive ruling on each of them.

1) Take It All! event: This states that the "second Strongbox" is placed in the Marshal's space. How to interpret this when using Mailbags? My instinct says to place a Strongbox there anyway.

2) Sharing the Loot station event: States that held Strongboxes are shared among all Bandits on the same space as the owner. Does this also (or instead) apply to Mailbags?

3) The Banker hostage: States that the ransom is $1000 if you have at least 1 Strongbox. Does this also (or instead) apply to Mailbags?

The only initial Strongbox would be the one in the Stagecoach, which is the same number as having one in the Locomotive in the base game. After typing this out, it seems a bit clearer...
My guess is:
1) Yes, place a Strongbox when the event comes up
2) No, Mailbags are not shared
3) No, Mailbags do not grant the ransom

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with your guesses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frode Hanøy
Norway
flag msg tools
It annoys me a bit that they changed the strongboxes.. For example with the banker hostage, there is now just 1 regular strongbox in the game, unless the take it all event comes. I preferred to have 2. (we always play with the H&S expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.