Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Minions Move Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wonham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do people do about deciding which minions move first? In end-2-end scenarios we play the ones at the front go first (kindly making room for those behind). But where minions are changing direction (spoiler- it happens) it's not always so obvious.

Is there a consensus on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the movement is considered "simultaneous" but still interference does happen.

I believe that the players decide how to resolve conflict in movement if it's not covered by the individual scenario. (often they have a preference)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
If the minions have a goal they are moving toward, the ones closest to the goal move first, but any conflicts are resolved by the players' choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not disagreeing, just fixing a tiny tidbit:

runtsta wrote:
If the minions have a goal they are moving toward, the ones closest to the goal move first, but any conflicts are resolved by the first players' choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iavor Ianakiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which board minions first moves ... We decide by rolling the rune die.

And than we start from that board /according to the colour compass/ clockwise. The conflict is mostly connected with the oil slick spots, which can throw a minion to the other end of the map /over the opposite board/. So if this happen we move that minion and if the present board colour is after the board colour from which the minion come .. we move this minion again /if able/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Greco
United States
Oakley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
inkozikaas wrote:
Which board minions first moves ... We decide by rolling the rune die.

And than we start from that board /according to the colour compass/ clockwise. The conflict is mostly connected with the oil slick spots, which can throw a minion to the other end of the map /over the opposite board/. So if this happen we move that minion and if the present board colour is after the board colour from which the minion come .. we move this minion again /if able/.

Minions should never be 'thrown' to the end of the map via oil slicks. Once an oil slick is exited, sliding stops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DeS_Tructive wrote:
Not disagreeing, just fixing a tiny tidbit:

runtsta wrote:
If the minions have a goal they are moving toward, the ones closest to the goal move first, but any conflicts are resolved by the first players' choice.

If the minions have a goal they are moving toward, the ones closest to the goal move first, but any conflicts are resolved by the first players' choice. Who always follows the orders of the loudest and bossiest player at the table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.