Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've printed the expansion tiles and their instructions, but I don't have a clue as to the best way of mounting these so that they look as good as the pieces that come with the game. How have other people overcome this problem? I really want to use them, but I would like a touch of professionalism, too.
Also, does anyone know if the expansion is ever going to get a true printing? I would pay a few bucks for it, same as I did for Carcassonne: King and Scout. Alea and Rio Grande are missing the boat on this one, as it makes a great game even better, and I think most of us would pay to have a good set of expansion tiles.
For that matter, I think a lot of the expansion tiles that have been suggested here and elsewhere would make a nice uber-expansion. Has anyone ever come up with ideas for additional roles, or would that break the game too much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Jansen
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Mounting the expansion
RandallPeek (#28999),

Buy some card stock to print them on, first off. Something heavy weight that can handle some glue without it warping.

Now you need some heavy, game-quality card stock, or failing that, balsa wood. I personally bought about 8 copies of 'Siege of the Citadel' years ago when KayBee had them on clearance for $4 (a great source of card, minis, and dice). However, not everyone has a closet full of that stuff, so balsa wood may be in order. Get some that is similar thickness from a hobby store.

Use PVA glue (very little) or some type of spray adhesive and glue the expansion to the balsa wood. You can use a scalpel or exacto knife, a cutting board, and a metal ruler to get vey clean cuts.

That should do it... hope that helps.

Marshall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the card board on the back of a legal pad.
First print out the expanion with a good color lazer printer, Use Rubber Cement so they won't wrinkle. Glue the whole sheet onto the card board, then cut. It came out pretty good, almost as good as original. And with the stuff u can find in your house already. Don't put too much rubb cement on it otherwise it won't glue well.

RandallPeek (#28999),

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
At an office store buy full page labels such as Avery #08765. Cut the back of a legal pad (great advice) a little bit bigger than the size you cut the labels out. You don't want the label to hang off the cardboard. Affix the labels and you are done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Strickland
United States
Dunn
North Carolina
flag msg tools
"THE" perfect thing is frame matting board. You can purchase it at craft stores (or anywhere that mats pictures). The cost is normally about 5 bucks for a 40 X 32 sheet. Simply glue (or double sided tape mount...this is my preference) the whole sheet printed out onto the matting board and then cut out the tiles with an exacto knife or utility knife and a ruler(or something straight made out of metal, I used my mat cutter). The tiles won't hang over the sides and it looks very professional. The thickness of the matting board is very close to the tile thickness. Oh yeah, mount it to the white side of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Strickland
United States
Dunn
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Oh yeah, one other thing. Print it out on photo paper (glossy side). It looks much better, and the photo paper is thicker and sticks to the matting board easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
ted_s_strickland wrote:
Oh yeah, one other thing. Print it out on photo paper (glossy side). It looks much better, and the photo paper is thicker and sticks to the matting board easier.

Cool, they make photo quality label sheets. Self sticking should be easier than using glue. I'll have to try this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stimson
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandallPeek (#28999),

I bought the full size paper, and a thick mat paper at office depot. Printed out the file, and applied the stickers to the mat paper. I also bought one of those paper cutter like you see in a school or office. I must have made 10 set of these things so far.

Next time I gonna try a clear label on colored paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.