Perry Pender
United Kingdom
Helston
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I am having a bad blonde moment, when you supply a multi unit formation at the start of the movement segment with fuels as per (12.5c Formation Method), it states that this fuel lasts until the next Friendly clean up phase, is this the clean up phase that is coming up just before the end of your turn this turn or the next clean up phase at the end of the next turn, I am reading it as the clean up phase that is about to happen before the end of the current turn.

all the best

Perry

P.S as said bad blonde moment and can not get my head around it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This turn.

So if you fuel a formation in your movement phase, its units are fuelled in the movement phase and in the exploitation phase - ie until the end of your turn.

So you get two phases out of the fuel for units which move in reserve mode during the movement phase then get released in the exploit phase.

The only way to be even more fuel efficient is to fuel a formation (which is in reserve) during the reaction phase in your opponent's turn. That fuel lasts throughout your opponent's player turn, and throughout your next player turn (ie movement and exploit phases) until your clean up phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Pender
United Kingdom
Helston
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Malcolm,

I was having a bad rules day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Malcolm C wrote:
The only way to be even more fuel efficient is to fuel a formation (which is in reserve) during the reaction phase in your opponent's turn. That fuel lasts throughout your opponent's player turn, and throughout your next player turn (ie movement and exploit phases) until your clean up phase.

And it could happen that your opponent gets a double turn, in which case it could last through your opponent's player turn and their next player turn, and then through your own subsequent player turn (not that you could take full advantage of that, but you might have a unit in reserve that gets fueled in one opponent player turn, stays in reserve, and then moves in the reaction phase of the second opponent player turn, and is still fueled for your own player turn.)

I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.