Edouard Paumier
France
flag msg tools
Hello,

One of the many reason I love this game is how thematically it makes me feel, rushing or pacing through enemies as needed. I do find a lot of thematic relationship with the PC game.

There is one rule through that I really can't explain :

In "4 | Maneuvers" : "Face-up Obstacle Cards removed from The Line go to your Player Discard".

I can't find any thematic way to explain it. The best one I came up with, so far, is that obstacles (including enemies) that I passed are far away and, instead of chasing, just leaves, but, well, let their weapons that I could use. How nice of them. So it's not immediately available, but I will be able to fetch and use it later on. Hum... ^^.

For most of the flow, I can come up with either an explanation, sometimes a bit stretched up, or an acceptation :
- Each card I play (in a Move) makes the time, and myself, move forward
- Each obstacle I destroy, I can use its remain immediately
- Each obstacle I knockdown is not destroyed, I got rid of it temporarily but later on I will face it again
- Bullet do take a lot of time to travel, but why not.
- When I wait, I'm moving really slowly through the scene, allowing each of my opponent to take an action. I can take that opportunity to throw down as many of my assets that I do not need.
- Each asset I use, I lose it, so it ends up in the Obstacle Discard, and will be used by another enemy or be encountered again (odd). But for this one, even without a thematic explanation, I'm fine with this, as the mechanic of reusing used cards in upcoming wave is quite natural in many game (including the PC game, where you need to kill enemies in order to allow more to spawn). So this one, I can accept.

But the rule about passing enemies looking like they are automatically defeated, it feels really odd to me.

Does anyone have a better way to explain it ?

Sincerely,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think about it. It's an abstraction to make the game work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It represents your movement past that section of the level, learning about the room layout, enemy placement and picking scattered weapons/objects on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Strait
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
gr9yfox wrote:
It represents your movement past that section of the level, learning about the room layout, enemy placement and picking scattered weapons/objects on the way.

That. In front of you versus behind you. You're near it, you know where it is, now you can use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edouard Paumier
France
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot for those view of it, it will help me delve a little bit deeper into the immersion.
I do overthink themes a bit .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.