Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Survey: Shining Trapezohedron for OS3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been a lot of chatter in the OS3 comments with people requesting the Shining Trapezohedron as an add-on for during this campaign. If you're interested (it has 3D printed brain cylinders, Elder Signs, Yellow Sign desecration tokens, brood and filth tokens, and a sand timer for BG and CC) you can take it here.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Hall

New Mexico
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the one thing I regret not getting during OS2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I use everything in Trapezohedron except the Elder Signs. For whatever reason, the 3mm VP bits remind me of the early days when Puerto Rico was the best game around and I'm nostalgic for all the time I got to spend gaming.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only tell you this is the best add-on EVER !!!
Truth is: it is my only contribution to CW product line and I had to fight a bit among PetersenGames gang to make them see the light
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that they listen to their customers, and I really hope we will be able to add the shiny trap, and the two neutral monster packs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Allie
United States
Bolivar
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I Was Geeky When Geeky Wasn't Cool
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want the elder signs, and the ritual marker, but I don't have the Yuggoth expansion so the brain cylinders are useless to me. And the Yuggoth map appears to be out of print, and isn't an add-on for OS3.

I mean, the whole idea of a brain cylinder is sweet, but without an in-game use...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
djinniman wrote:
I really want the elder signs, and the ritual marker, but I don't have the Yuggoth expansion so the brain cylinders are useless to me. And the Yuggoth map appears to be out of print, and isn't an add-on for OS3.

I mean, the whole idea of a brain cylinder is sweet, but without an in-game use...


There are rules in the Omega Rulebook about using the Laboratory from Yuggoth on other maps. Not difficult to add the brain cylinders into any game.
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Allie
United States
Bolivar
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I Was Geeky When Geeky Wasn't Cool
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sax11 wrote:


There are rules in the Omega Rulebook about using the Laboratory from Yuggoth on other maps. Not difficult to add the brain cylinders into any game.


Thanks for pointing this out! Just need some way to mark the lab, right? Totally awesome.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Correct. The Yuggoth map comes with an official chit, but you can use anything you want to designate where it is.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I want an official plastic marker to represent the Laboratory...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really need to paint up the plastic Elder Signs. We find it annoyingly hard to find the value number on them. I understand why they're mixed in with runes (don't want to let people feel for the threes) but they don't stand out much.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
I really need to paint up the plastic Elder Signs. We find it annoyingly hard to find the value number on them. I understand why they're mixed in with runes (don't want to let people feel for the threes) but they don't stand out much.


I think I'll use 3 very thin ink markers, one color for each score
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a small paint set, so I think I'll go with glowy green for the Elder Signs and a mix of colors for the runes, with one consistent color for numbers, and some stone-like dry brushing for the rest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zain Hamzah
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Perseketuan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
Now I want an official plastic marker to represent the Laboratory...


I approve of this idea! MAKE IT HAPPEN PIT!!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.