Hide
7 Posts

Paths of Glory» Forums » General

Subject: Vassal Replays? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sharpe08
msg tools
I'm looking to get better at this game and was wondering if I was missing something in regards to how ACTS works. It seems like the system is just a journal and there's no way to see the Vassal plays as the turns unfold. Is this correct?

I would love to be able to watch Vassal replays of matches to get a sense of what good play looks like etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sharpe08 wrote:
I'm looking to get better at this game and was wondering if I was missing something in regards to how ACTS works. It seems like the system is just a journal and there's no way to see the Vassal plays as the turns unfold. Is this correct?

I would love to be able to watch Vassal replays of matches to get a sense of what good play looks like etc.

I have the game on my table right now and can't figure out what you mean by "ACTS"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lowe
United States
Forest
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACTS is essentially a journal that manages card draws and dice rolls. Normally in my games, both players track the game state independently, using the ACTS log to settle any discrepancies. Sometimes opponents prefer to exchange VASSAL log files enabling them to share a common board state.

If you can decipher the shorthand, you can pick out some games and play them out on a board at home. This is how I learned to be competent at both Paths of Glory and For the People.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
It'd be very rare to find a VASSAL log of a whole game. You can just play through games on ACTS using VASSAL (moving the pieces yourself), though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Is this what you are looking:

Turn by Turn tournament game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23666455#23666455
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sharpe08
msg tools
Yup that's great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Finkenbinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
It'd be very rare to find a VASSAL log of a whole game. You can just play through games on ACTS using VASSAL (moving the pieces yourself), though.

This is what I have done actually. But taking the time to move the pieces on your own, you process what is going on better. It really has been a great tool for me to use the game, using professional players' ACTS logs along with my own VASSAL saves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.