Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

The Captain Is Dead» Forums » Rules

Subject: Medical Officer's Free Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Can the Medical officer heal any player at the current location as a free action multiple times in a turn?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmb
yup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Terebayza
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up Medical Officer question - I'm the Medical Officer and I'm in the CPU, just healed two characters and would get to draw two Skill cards. But Computers are offline. However Internal Sensors are Online. Can I take two cards from there as my bonus? Or do I need to spend actions to get them? Or were those cards supposed to go away when computers went offline?

I guess what I'm driving at is, are the cards in the Internal Sensor pile a completely separate entity from the Skill deck?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They are considered separate, so even if the main CPU is offline you can still get them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Terebayza
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, that makes sense...so I could have got my bonus from there? Or can the Medical Officer only get his healing bonus from the Skills deck itself?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
English Teechur wrote:
Thank you, that makes sense...so I could have got my bonus from there? Or can the Medical Officer only get his healing bonus from the Skills deck itself?

I would say he would only get from the Skill Deck as the free bonus for healing. His card says a random skill from the Skill Deck. The 3 cards from the internal sensor are not random and are not the Skill Deck.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmb
English Teechur wrote:
Follow up Medical Officer question - I'm the Medical Officer and I'm in the CPU, just healed two characters and would get to draw two Skill cards. But Computers are offline. However Internal Sensors are Online. Can I take two cards from there as my bonus? Or do I need to spend actions to get them? Or were those cards supposed to go away when computers went offline?

I guess what I'm driving at is, are the cards in the Internal Sensor pile a completely separate entity from the Skill deck?


Sorry to contradict Todd here, but if the CPU is offline, there is no skill deck, and therefore you do not get your bonus cards for the medical officer or the tactical officer or the science officer.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Terebayza
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Sorry to contradict Todd here, but if the CPU is offline, there is no skill deck, and therefore you do not get your bonus cards for the medical officer or the tactical officer or the science officer.


JT - That's the way I figured it and the way I played it. Like Raj said, I'm reading it as the Medical Officer (and Tactical and Science Officers too) can only get their bonus from the Skill deck when it is online.

Am I reading it right that the Internal Sensors are a separate entity from the Computer/Skill deck? So those three face up cards connected to the Sensors would remain face up when the Computers go offline? So an alert that makes Computers go offline is just connected to the Skill deck and those three face up Internal Sensor cards are unaffected by that and could still be accessed by players in the CPU as an action?

Sorry if we've drifted away from the original post and question!

Awesome game, by the way. Loving it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmb
English Teechur wrote:

Am I reading it right that the Internal Sensors are a separate entity from the Computer/Skill deck? So those three face up cards connected to the Sensors would remain face up when the Computers go offline? So an alert that makes Computers go offline is just connected to the Skill deck and those three face up Internal Sensor cards are unaffected by that and could still be accessed by players in the CPU as an action?

Sorry if we've drifted away from the original post and question!

Awesome game, by the way. Loving it.


Glad you like it.

Yes, the internal sensors would remain online and the cards remain attached if the cpu is off. But, the sensors will not replenish until the cpu is back online.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.