Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Fried
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any views on the relative merits of the original GDW version vs. the current Pegasus version? I'm a gamer not a collector -- but I'm an English speaker so if playability is signficantly affected by the German version, I might consider laying out the dough on ebay for the original. Any other differences between the two worth noting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Miller
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Punk Rock Warlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Query on the Reprint
Jonbone (#29005),

The differences are mostly in favor of the Pegasus version--nicer counters, nicer and bigger map hexes. One downside (to my eye anyway) is that I liked the original artwork on the counters better, but that is mostly a matter of aesthetics I suppose. For a while, the rules that we could get online where not the greatest, and the german wording on some of the counters made things a little confusing. At this point, however, I'd say that the player aids that are availiable here take care of most, if not all, of those issues. I'd say go for the German.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Query on the Reprint
Jonbone (#29005),
I play the German version and love it. The biggest language roadblock is if there's an event or character counter whose name is in German, and you don't know what it means, despite the pictures on the counters. With the player aids here on the 'Geek, though, that shouldn't matter at all. It's so cheap at Adam-Spielt (cost me $40, including shipping to Massachusetts), there's really no excuse not to get it.
You might learn a bit of German, too.
Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.