Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erich Cranor
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the colors has an option that trades a handling point for a a body point. Why would anyone ever do that? It's an even trade if you're shot at once, otherwise it's a terrible deal.

Hey Barry, is there a design formula that yields fairer results?

I'm thinking the worse side should get an extra card, or something.

pinbot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Stockinger
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Re:alternate vehicles a bad deal
You can get armor to increase structure by 2. There is no equipment (yet) that increases handling. If you don't use the handling much with your style of play then simply do not use that side of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Stockinger
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Re:alternate vehicles a bad deal
After reading that again I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying the side with more structure was better.

I can't imagine why anybody would take the side with less handling. And why does steel plates let you ignore 3 damage before the effects yet armor only gives you 2 structure? I have to say I don't know on both. That was changed after I submitted the game. While not official I would agree that the side with less handling deserves more then one structure. An extra card sounds like a good idea and I will have to try it some time. We just never use the sides with less handling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.