Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Mice and Mystics: Downwood Tales» Forums » General

Subject: Story Book Fell Apart rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Has anyone else played through the campaign and had pages fall out of the book?

We played chapter 9 and almost the whole final chapter fell out. It was pretty disappointing because I take such good care of my stuff. Literally, I have entire lego sets with all the pieces with original boxes from when I was 8 years old. So, we never bent the book backwards or anything. And we maybe replayed a couple chapters, so only a total of 11 plays at the point it fell out. That is not a lot of ware and tear on a book.

Not making a point I guess... just sharing that I'm bummed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, that sucks.

I haven't yet had the book fall apart (*knocks on wood*). But it's very heavy and only glued in so I reckon it won't just be you. I tend to be crazy careful with the Downwood book too, much more than the other two.

I wished they'd done the same as in the base game: rules and chapters in different books. Or then even 2 parts to the chapters, it's just too big this way.
It's hard to keep the book open at the right page while playing, or to look rules up in the first part and then go back to the special room rules (which prompted the rules question in the first place). So yeah, not the best designed part of the expansion...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Relampagos wrote:
... Literally, I have entire lego sets with all the pieces with original boxes from when I was 8 years old. ...


Depending on how old you are right now, that may, or may not be, very impressive.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
P.O.G.G. wrote:
Relampagos wrote:
... Literally, I have entire lego sets with all the pieces with original boxes from when I was 8 years old. ...


Depending on how old you are right now, that may, or may not be, very impressive.


Good point. Mid 30's.

Then again, it doesn't really matter as long as I'm out of my childhood. If I was 9 then I guess it wouldn't be too impressive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Relampagos wrote:
P.O.G.G. wrote:
Relampagos wrote:
... Literally, I have entire lego sets with all the pieces with original boxes from when I was 8 years old. ...


Depending on how old you are right now, that may, or may not be, very impressive.


Good point. Mid 30's.

Then again, it doesn't really matter as long as I'm out of my childhood. If I was 9 then I guess it wouldn't be too impressive.


I'm no authority on the subject, but I'd say that 20+ years retention is impressive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thanks. Well, I'm actually dreading the day I bring them back out for my kids in another 5 years and put them together. I anticipate the plastic will be very brittle and a lot of parts will break. That would be a big disappointing end...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
I have a set even older and it's fine - nothing brittle or breaking. Getting assembled/ reassembled the pieces don't have that nice tight 'fit' anymore.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Estévez
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
The same just happened to me today: the chapter 10 (except for the story text at the beginning) fell apart. Some pages at the beginning of the book are also falling apart.

I also opened it carefully and never bent it backwards or anything. Just not the best paperback, I guess.

For the rest I agree with what has been said, two books, one for the rules and another for the chapters, would have been better.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.