Saboteur» Forums » Rules

Subject: are you allowed to repair another player's tools/wagon etc? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adfasdf sdfaasdfasdf
Åland
msg tools
mb
Also, once i get hit by a broken tool. Is it FOREVER that i cannot build stuff till i get the repair button? Seems a bit imbalanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Yes, you can. And yes, it is forever (until you get repaired that is). Don't forget it's a team game, it's worthwhile repairing your partners.

Also, FYI, in Saboteur 2 there is a rule which says that you can discard any 2 cards to remove one of these hampering card in front of you. However, you only re-draw one card, so you're forever down one card.
If you feel that these cards are too harsh even while allowing other players to repair your tools, you may want to include this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In Saboteur 2, the alternative repair rule has been added as it is more difficult to find out who is part of your team and who not.
The rounds are also a little bit longer. An alternative repair rule makes sense to minimize the frustration of blocked players.

On the other hand, as Julian points it clearly out, Saboteur 1 is a pure team game. Repairing broken tools of other players is an important element in this game. Therefore, I never considered to propose changing the original rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.