Blood Rage» Forums » General

Subject: Infinite Loop with God Frigga rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So last night we played for the first time with the Gods Expansion and pull ed out Loki and Frigga.

So near the end of second round, here is what happened.

In one of the territory that Frigga was in, all the other province had been pillaged or destroyed so Frigga was stuck there. That province could still be invaded but none of the top str guys could do it.

Yellow had 5 strength with 0 rage left
Blue had 4 strength with 0 rage left
Red had a boat and only 2 strength with 1 rage left....and had the card that if he loses, he stole 2 points from the winner.

Red was invading, but always losing and playing his card that stole 2 points from Yellow, so he could have done an infinite loop of him and Yellow getting 2 points (Yellow getting 4 points for winning the fight and Red stealing 2).

Are these loop addressed somewhere?
Are they a lot?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If nothing else, he'll run out of minis (loser sends all units to Valhalla after fight)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
If nothing else, he'll run out of minis (loser sends all units to Valhalla after fight)

Ok, so were we playing the God Frigga's ability wrong?

It says that during a battle, no units can be destroyed.

We were playing that even after a battle, with God Frigga in the zone, no units could be sent to Valhalla.

For example in round 1...the only zone that could be invaded was Yggdrasil and Frigga was there. We were all in the middle for the multiple fights that happen before someone successfully invaded, but because of Frigga was there and there was no other spaces she could be moved to, we never sent any of the loosing units to Valhalla so we started round 2 with a boatload of units on the map (which we found kinda strange).

So if we were playing this wrong, this means that even if Frigga is in the territorry, after a battle, all the losing units are sent to Valhalla and that Frigga's power ,for example, would negate the card that says " destroy a fighter from each player before calculating str" or as such?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frigga god prevents destruction through any means...
Now if i understood correctly the boat was there before the loop started right?

red initiates pillage and loses because over players can't play any cards i assume...

now once resolution is done red steals 2 points from yellow who immediately gains four netting him 2 points time...

now you use the term "invade" meaning the red player put a mini from the outside paying the rage required... nut if he pays the rage he can't pillage anymore because he would reach zero rage...

On the other hand assuming that you improperly used the term invade and the boat was there from the beginning then yes it could go ad infinitum but red would never catch up to yellow because you are just netting yllow 2 points evertime while you make 2 points... meaning you will NEVER catch up to him... i too think the god expansion wasn't properly playtested with all possible permutations but still you hardly are wininng with this strategy for the reason already stated... i will check out when i have the possibility what could be done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobthesnake wrote:

the only zone that could be invaded was Yggdrasil and Frigga was there.

AH there it is! Ygdrasyll can NEVER be invaded... you can only march on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im sorry,

Im saying invade....but I meant pillage.

So yes, Red boat was there, and he had 1 rage left, so he could have pillaged ad infinitum and made sure Red and Yellow would have infinite points and the winner would be decided between those 2.

Just wanted to confirm that we understood the rules and played the game right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, there are a few endless loops caused by gods. I dont think they were playtested much. I think a good house rule would be to remove the god figure if it has nowhere to move to, instead of having it stay there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobthesnake wrote:
Jim Marshall wrote:

Ok, so were we playing the God Frigga's ability wrong?

Apparently not - apologies, my bad. I should have read the original post more carefully - it didn't click that you were playing with the Gods expansion, the only one I odn't have. And this thread reinforces that it will stay that way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the endless loop problems we just switch new gods into the game at the beginning of each new round. Honestly though we do not play with them very often. Red would never catch up to yellow but yes this is broken for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.