Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan-Phil Andiel
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I have seen at Essen last year you can think of them as pawns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's unfortunate, but I don't see why you're telling us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Jesionowski
Poland
Trójmiasto - TriCity
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan_Phil there will be minis inside (crew members and intruders), so yes - it will be a miniatures game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miniatures by Awaken Realms

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Glad to hear there will be minis. Sounds like a wonderfully atmospheric game.

Edit: I do hope, though, that the game miniatures will not require assembly. That's been a trend I'm not a fan of in boardgames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
I do hope, though, that the game miniatures will not require assembly. That's been a trend I'm not a fan of in boardgames.

A trend? I haven't seen minis assembly in board games for years. The only game I can remember is Shadows of Brimstone, but that's really an exception to the rule.

But answering: 99% sure there will be no assembly (judging from minis from TWoM).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:
I do hope, though, that the game miniatures will not require assembly. That's been a trend I'm not a fan of in boardgames.

A trend? I haven't seen minis assembly in board games for years. The only game I can remember is Shadows of Brimstone, but that's really an exception to the rule.

But answering: 99% sure there will be no assembly (judging from minis from TWoM).

I'll bet he's referring to the fact that Games Workshop recently started making Board Games again and their minis are generally assembly-required, so there have been more than in recent years, but its all from one publisher so I'd hardly call that a trend.

I *think* I heard that even GW games are moving to push-to-fit so no glue required, although I don't own any so can't confirm this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:

Kingdom Death: Monster, and they're much better for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
there's a more invested and immersive feel when 3D miniatures are involved. I've been getting pretty turned off by flat cardboard cutout to represent "me"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Total opposite for me, miniatures are hiking the prices and for me they add very little. Most are quite ugly unpainted give me good illustration on a chit any day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.