Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been getting a lot of questions about the previously announced PVC starter set so here's a few FAQ's.

Fallout: Wasteland Warfare is designed to appeal to wargamers and miniatures fans alike with it's high quality sculpts, however we realise not everyone wants to break out the glue and stick the arms on, no matter how easy we make it, or how cool the miniature looks after :-)

Q) Will both starter boxes include the same stuff?

We're planning two versions of the starter set, both will include all the same rules components - rules, dice, counters, cards. Each will include a different selection of miniatures - one in high quality resin, the other pre-assembled PVC figures. The PVC set will include more figures and as a result, a different set of scenarios (though we'll make both starter set scenarios available online in PDF)

Q) Will I have to buy the PVC starter set to get all the miniatures?

The PVC starter set will include figures that you can already get in resin. We're not forcing collectors to get this set so they have all the designs. However they will be identical scale so if you want to quickly expand your collection it will be a great way to do it at a very affordable price.

Q) When are they coming out?

The resin starter set is planned for the pre-order whilst the PVC set is planned for February/March

Q)Can I play it straight out of the box?

You can play the PVC starter set straight out of the box as the figures are pre-assembled - we even give you an introductory set of missions to learn the rules. The resin set will need a small amount of assembly but we're making this as easy as possible.

Q) How many players can you have?

Fallout: Wasteland Warfare is designed as a traditional player vs player miniatures game experience. However we're also including solo rules and a solo campaign so you can play on your own, or play co-op with a friend against the game.

Q) What do you do in the game?

It is a miniatures wargame so you'll be fighting each other's forces however we're also drawing on the video game experience so you'll be hacking terminals, searching Nuka Cola machines, rusted Sedans and Vault-Tec Containers either for loot or caps or as part of narrative storylines. You'll be fighting against the wasteland itself as radiation, dust storms and grotesque creatures and robots try to take you down. You can play straight points (caps!) based battles or follow a campaign storyline and slowly evolve your crew with bonuses based on how you upgrade your settlement.

Q) Do I have to buy loads of expansions?

The base set should be enough for plenty of games - regardless of which one you buy, however each expansion will give you more characters or units, from different factions, plus new AI and Encounter cards that will enhance the experience. We'll be uploading free missions online to keep you entertained as well releasing bigger campaign boxed sets that give you lots of new features.

Q) Will the starter sets be available in other languages?

We will be working with localisation partners to bring both the resin and PVC starter sets to France, Germany, Russia, Italy, Spain and more. Realistically with the time it takes for approvals these versions will come out later in the summer 2018

If you have more FAQ's you'd like answered please add them below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would like some pictures of how the game components will look and possibly teasers of the scenery that you will release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll have that soon :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Eichwald
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the game only be available in English or also in other languages, e.g. German?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Urban Warrior
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be the difference in the scenarios between the PVC and the Resin sets?

Just the amount of models used in the missions? Or actual different missions?

If one would choose for the resin set, would we be able to acquire the missions of the PVC set without having to buy that set to?

Maybe as a pdf download.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! I'll add it above. We will be working with localisation partners to bring it to France, Germany, Russia, Italy, Spain and more. Realistically with the time it takes for approvals these versions will come out later in the summer 2018
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Urban Warrior wrote:
What would be the difference in the scenarios between the PVC and the Resin sets?

Just the amount of models used in the missions? Or actual different missions?

If one would choose for the resin set, would we be able to acquire the missions of the PVC set without having to buy that set to?

Maybe as a pdf download.

It will be a different selection of models (though still available in resin), and yes we'll make the scenarios available online
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) Do you have a more definite date for when the pre-orders will start?

2.) Will you have a cool "all in" pre-order box similar to the Borg Cube?

3.) Will there be flavour text in the scenarios/cards?

4.) Will there be branching story lines/scenarios? And will the choices you make alter the encounter decks? (Something like if you do this remove card 43 and add card 122 to the deck etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
1.) Do you have a more definite date for when the pre-orders will start?

2.) Will you have a cool "all in" pre-order box similar to the Borg Cube?

3.) Will there be flavour text in the scenarios/cards?

4.) Will there be branching story lines/scenarios? And will the choices you make alter the encounter decks? (Something like if you do this remove card 43 and add card 122 to the deck etc.)

Hi there,
1) We're aiming for end of August, early September - it's 'when it's ready' as we want everything to be sorted first. We're as keen as you are to get it on pre-order.

2) Yes though not quite as big...

3) Yes there will be flavour text, the scenarios will draw on stories from the Fallout games.

4) That sounds more like the planned boardgame. We have quest cards that require different objectives to be met, and lead to cool rewards though this can also affect the in-game wasteland event deck as a result. We also have branching scenarios with narrative missions - depending how one ends will affect the next.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
Hope that helps!
It sure does!
I'm really excited about this game. More so than the upcoming board game!
Looking forward to pre-ordering this within a month then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reed
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
What can we expect to see at gen con?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see an idea come up quite a bit.
I am pretty sure it has been made clear several times but it keeps being discussed.

This is NOT a boardgame correct?
This is a Minis game (e.g. Warhammer 40K, Warmachine, Malifaux) correct?
There is a campaign and missions and scenarios but you still place this on a 4' x 4' or 3' x 3' or 6' x 4' table with terrain and a tape measure and dice and maybe templates. There will be actions like hacking and foraging and stuff (e.g. In Infinity and Malifaux).
I am not trying to compare this game against one of those but just asking for a clarification. This is a Miniature wargame, right? This is not a hybrid boardgame with tons of minis? I mean the top of your FAQ says that is is directed to appeal to Wargamers and miniature gamers. This isn't Gloomhaven in the fallout universe. Or other hybrid boardgames with minis, correct?

Sorry but it gets brought up a ton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
greyseerco wrote:
What can we expect to see at gen con?

There's a 5 player demo game running in the gaming hall with each player fielding a small Brotherhood of Steel force on a training mission but with a few nasty surprises...These are all booked up I believe.

On the main Modiphius stand (Stand 2461, Hall G) we've got a short demo experience - you can play a few rounds to get a feel for the game with a similar Brotherhood of Steel force vs some Super Mutants and we'll have a set of the minis on display for photos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lordunborn wrote:
I am pretty sure it has been made clear several times but it keeps being discussed.

There is a campaign and missions and scenarios but you still place this on a 4' x 4' or 3' x 3' or 6' x 4' table with terrain and a tape measure and dice and maybe templates. There will be actions like hacking and foraging and stuff (e.g. In Infinity and Malifaux).
I am not trying to compare this game against one of those but just asking for a clarification. This is a Miniature wargame, right? This is not a hybrid boardgame with tons of minis? I mean the top of your FAQ says that is is directed to appeal to Wargamers and miniature gamers. This isn't Gloomhaven in the fallout universe. Or other hybrid boardgames with minis, correct?

Hi correct Fallout: Wasteland Warfare is NOT a boardgame.
It IS a game like Warhammer, Warmachine, Infinity etc. You will play on boards like 3'x3' or 4'x4' with wasteland style terrain, dice and measuring sticks. There will be actions from melee and ranged combat to hacking, searching, etc. It's not a hybrid boardgame with minis.

Saying that... it does have a lot more features than you would see in most wargames and we're hoping this will appeal to a wider audience who can choose from either simple battles or more story led adventures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordunborn wrote:

ninja'd

This a a tabletop miniatures game, along the lines of Infinity, Frostgrave, Malifaux etc. Not a boardgame hybrid.

There's been a Fallout: Wasteland Warfare Facebook page out for a little while. You can get a pretty good idea about the game from there, as people are already building terrain pieces for this game.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/113493429210346/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. All very interesting information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
i would like some pictures of how the game components will look and possibly teasers of the scenery that you will release.

Take a look at the Modiphius website for renders:

http://www.modiphius.com/fallout.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will we be able to create our own characters, as well as enemies, missions, etc.? I have various science fiction miniatures from other game companies that I'd like to find a game system for. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Lam
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
It IS a game like Warhammer, Warmachine, Infinity etc. You will play on boards like 3'x3' or 4'x4' with wasteland style terrain, dice and measuring sticks. There will be actions from melee and ranged combat to hacking, searching, etc. It's not a hybrid boardgame with minis.

I don't get it. The pics all show Hex based tiles that form a board and the website says it's a "board game".. Or is this a different game from the Modephius one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzynblue wrote:

Quote:

I don't get it. The pics all show Hex based tiles that form a board and the website says it's a "board game".. Or is this a different game from the Modephius one?

The hex based game is a board game being produced by Fantasy Flight.

The BGG page for that game is here: Fallout

It's a totally different game from a different company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzynblue wrote:
The Fallout boardgame from fantasy flight has a hex board. I haven't seen any boards from the one from Modiphius (Wasteland Warfare). But I would be surprised if it used hexes since range is measured by rulers.
Are you sure you haven't confused the two games?

Edit: Damn! Ninja'd by JP...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Will we be able to create our own characters, as well as enemies, missions, etc.? I have various science fiction miniatures from other game companies that I'd like to find a game system for. Thanks!

Not at this stage (we may add that feature later in one of the campaign boxes) :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just leave my credit card info here and just take whatever money you need to make sure I have all the things. It will just be easier that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bentley
msg tools
Can you provide us with specific information on the models in each starter set, or at least those in the resin set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMCarnochan wrote:
I'll just leave my credit card info here and just take whatever money you need to make sure I have all the things. It will just be easier that way.
Good idea! I'll follow your example!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |