Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:
i would like some pictures of how the game components will look and possibly teasers of the scenery that you will release.

Take a look at the Modiphius website for renders:

http://www.modiphius.com/fallout.html

Those are the miniatures ;-)
Im just a bit surprised there arent any pictures at all of other game components/box art/scenery etc. While its so close for pre-ordering.

For the designer;
Wwhen will the campaign expansion likely be released?
Im definitely intrigued in how far the base building/defence and other misions will be more closely related to a role-playing campaign progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BentleyM wrote:
Can you provide us with specific information on the models in each starter set, or at least those in the resin set?

Hi Matthew the resin starter set includes:

Female sole survivor
Dogmeat
Brotherhood of Steel aspirant in T60
3 settlers
vs
Super Mutant Brute
2 standard Super Mutants
2 Super Mutant Hounds

This will give quite a variety of missions. There will be a variety of gear to upgrade some of the characters or units as you play through the missions.

The PVC set is will most likely be a Brotherhood of Steel force of around 9 figures vs 9 Super Mutants - we're tweaking what's inside so bear with us on that. The idea is to make them different so if you did want to buy both you're not stuck with duplicates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:
i would like some pictures of how the game components will look and possibly teasers of the scenery that you will release.

Take a look at the Modiphius website for renders:

http://www.modiphius.com/fallout.html

Those are the miniatures ;-)
Im just a bit surprised there arent any pictures at all of other game components/box art/scenery etc. While its so close for pre-ordering.

For the designer;
Wwhen will the campaign expansion likely be released?
Im definitely intrigued in how far the base building/defence and other misions will be more closely related to a role-playing campaign progress.

We're in final stage and approvals with lots of elements, not long now. The dice are in approvals and should be revealed soon.

The Campaign expansion is planned for the spring however you'll have a taste of settlement building in the starter box with some upgrades that help your force. There will be some missions in the box and more to download for free. The campaign element is a favourite of mine, along with solo play so i'm pushing to make sure it's really enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Morrison
United States
Wellford
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.Will the expansions have anything from the series(Lyon's Pride, Caesar's Legion, Pipboy from Fallout Tactics, etc.) or will it be strictly Commonwealth only?

2.How would radiation fit gameplay wise, if you were to add it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
The campaign element is a favourite of mine, along with solo co-op play so i'm pushing to make sure it's really enjoyable.
I fixed the typo for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
BentleyM wrote:
Can you provide us with specific information on the models in each starter set, or at least those in the resin set?

Hi Matthew the resin starter set includes:

Female sole survivor
Dogmeat
Brotherhood of Steel aspirant in T60
3 settlers
vs
Super Mutant Brute
2 standard Super Mutants
2 Super Mutant Hounds

This will give quite a variety of missions. There will be a variety of gear to upgrade some of the characters or units as you play through the missions.

The PVC set is will most likely be a Brotherhood of Steel force of around 9 figures vs 9 Super Mutants - we're tweaking what's inside so bear with us on that. The idea is to make them different so if you did want to buy both you're not stuck with duplicates.

No male sole survivor in any starter set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Wong
Singapore
flag msg tools
JoystickJunkies wrote:
we're tweaking what's inside so bear with us on that. The idea is to make them different so if you did want to buy both you're not stuck with duplicates.

... or you could make the Starter Resin Set a sub-set of the PVC Starter Set and release a second Resin Set Add-on to make the resin figures match the list of PVC Starter Set figures.

If there is just ONE figure different in the PVC Starter Set, I'd HAVE to buy the PVC Starter Set as well and HATE you for all the duplicates I'd end up having

btw, my first born is on a plane heading to where you are. Do what you will with him. I want serial #001 of the Fallout Wasteland Warfare Pip-Boy Collector's Edition Box Set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
Will we be able to create our own characters, as well as enemies, missions, etc.? I have various science fiction miniatures from other game companies that I'd like to find a game system for. Thanks!

Not at this stage (we may add that feature later in one of the campaign boxes) :-)

That would be simply awesome. Start as a tribal or vault dweller and just go into the wasteland. Who knows, maybe you'll become an BoS initiate, or a raider, or turn into a ghoul.

I'd love to see custom character creation at some point...or at least the ability to take a raider, or a vault dweller and equip them how you like.

So does this mean all of the minis in the game are what you see is what you get..or can you change up gear/weapons from battle to battle if you have the caps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hangane wrote:
1.Will the expansions have anything from the series(Lyon's Pride, Caesar's Legion, Pipboy from Fallout Tactics, etc.) or will it be strictly Commonwealth only?

2.How would radiation fit gameplay wise, if you were to add it?

The expansions will cover Fallout 3 and 4 initially but we'll be looking back to 1 and 2 (already considering some key characters to sculpt) - we have several years planning in the works so you can expect a lot of options. So you'll be able to set your game wherever you like really.

2. Radiation is like a line of sight attack. For example a pile of radioactive barrels makes an attack at anyone within X range in line of sight. Some like Super Mutants are immune though :-)

Gamma Guns do actual radiation damage which can build up at the same time as normal damage so you'll need to keep some Radaway handy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
@Gabriel - You can get Nate the male sole survivor with Codsworth and a variant dogmeat in a little expansion

@Samuel - don't worry you'll be able to get all the figures in the pvc set in resin - and thanks he's already here and we've put him to work ;-)

@Aaron - we are having character development so you'll gain Perks, abilities, grow your settlement and you'll develop as you go. There's also upgraded versions of the sole survivor, and other characters too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin May
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Will the resin models come attached to their bases or will they be separate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dankreek wrote:
Will the resin models come attached to their bases or will they be separate?

They'll be separate, there are small pegs underneath the feet to align them and quickly attach to the bases but you don't have to use them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Hay
msg tools
Hi Chris,

I am new to war games.......this will be my first.

You have said about the size of the game will be 3'x3' and other sizes. Is there some kind of map, mat, card or something to define this or do we measure and create some kind of area to play on ourselves?

Also a massive thank you for this game. I was in the process of creating my own game when yours was announced a month after development and mine game is in the bin as your eclipses it. Great job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbnuk wrote:
Hi Chris,

I am new to war games.......this will be my first.

You have said about the size of the game will be 3'x3' and other sizes. Is there some kind of map, mat, card or something to define this or do we measure and create some kind of area to play on ourselves?

Also a massive thank you for this game. I was in the process of creating my own game when yours was announced a month after development and mine game is in the bin as your eclipses it. Great job!

Hey Neil,

Generally with tabletop miniatures games like this that say they can be played on 3x3, 4x4 or 6x4 surfaces, there players will come up with their own solutions for how they want to represent the play area.

Some will just throw down some terrain on a table and use certain pieces to represent the boarder or board edge.

Some will use a piece of felt cut to the size of the surface.

What is becoming bigger in tabletop miniatures gaming now, are neoprene (like mouse pad material) mats that you can get in 3x3, 4x4 and 6x4 sizes. There are all kinds of designs available with many cool terrain represented. There's wintery settings, desert, grasslands, swamp, city streets etc. They aren't cheap, but they certainly do add to the immersion of the setting while gaming.

I would suspect that this game would require people to come up with similar solutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys yes for battlegrounds you could simply use the table surface and a few books or boxes as buildings. Try the printed game mats as an upgrade or a sheet of green cloth I remember getting from a fabric shop (maybe go for grey or brown for the apocalypse!) Add some railway train set brown lichen and you've got bushes and trees.

Now if you go more advanced you can buy pre-made buildings or scratch build your own - we'll have the Red Rocket as a starting point and it clips together with other buildings to make a variety of things.

We will be doing modelling and terrain guides to get you started :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn K
msg tools
I'm very excited to see these soon. A few questions, what size bases are included? Looks like 32mm and 40mm for the normal figs. Secondly, are the models static or poseable? How easy will it be to perform head/arm/weapon ect. swaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmb
What are the buildings going to be made out of? With they be hdf, mdf, or plastic or cardboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve de Vries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the Faq!

When I place a preorder, will this be directly through you guys? Or do you plan on shipping out to hubs/retailers in several countries, because I can imagine shipping costs can be quite steep if my preorder would have to be sent to, for instance, The Netherlands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Hay
msg tools
The photos of the released figures, are they the resin or PVC versions?

Is there a quality difference between the two?

Will either of them be coloured?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbnuk wrote:

Those all look like 3D Renders.
I would assume the only colors will be grey or shades of grey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Vjestica
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I want Ian, Katja, Vic, Sulik, Harold, Cassidy, Goris, Marcus, Followers of the Apocalypse, Khans, Mordinos, Salvatores, tribals, floaters, geckos, centaurs, robobrains... :)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Qapla187 wrote:
I'm very excited to see these soon. A few questions, what size bases are included? Looks like 32mm and 40mm for the normal figs. Secondly, are the models static or poseable? How easy will it be to perform head/arm/weapon ect. swaps?

Hi the standard scenic base is 30mm but for Brotherhood of Steel and Super Mutants they're 40mm and other larger minis are bigger still.

The models are static - it's pretty complex making posable minis and keeping the cost fair. We are considering sprues of parts for figures for next year, but we will be doing a sprue of weapons, heads and gear for those who want to mod their figures in the short term.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mortanius wrote:
What are the buildings going to be made out of? With they be hdf, mdf, or plastic or cardboard?

The Red Rocket and other buildings are pre-printed card plus resin parts (like the rocket, gas pumps etc). You can see the quality by checking out their site http://www.battlesystems.co.uk/

We are producing a lot of resin scenic parts like the vehicles, nuka cola machines, barricades etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cbnuk wrote:

They are renders but the samples are coming out exceptionally close. PVC will have a bit less detail. We're aiming to pre-colour the starter set so there will be two colours of plastic one for the super mutants, one for the brotherhood of steel so you can get playing quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw the (awesome) "Super Mutant Behemoth" render. Could you display him with a "regular" mini for size comparison?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |