75 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 

Fallout: Wasteland Warfare» Forums » News

Subject: Resin & PVC Starter Sets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Hay
msg tools
I have seen a few things on the interwebs that contradict about the release date for the starter pack. I know pre-orders are imminent but when is the actual release of the starter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no fixed date yet but should be around Q4 2017 for the resin starter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin S
Germany
flag msg tools
In the first infos a we got about this game, it was said, that MAYBE it would be available at the SPIEL in Essen, what would be mid October. But I can't imagine that this date is still possible. Sadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Just saw the (awesome) "Super Mutant Behemoth" render. Could you display him with a "regular" mini for size comparison?

Yes working on that :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
Germany
flag msg tools
Royal College of Arts and Athletic perfection
badge
Inventor of Knowledge Pills
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:

Q) Do I have to buy loads of expansions?

The base set should be enough for plenty of games - regardless of which one you buy, however each expansion will give you more characters or units, from different factions, plus new AI and Encounter cards that will enhance the experience. We'll be uploading free missions online to keep you entertained as well releasing bigger campaign boxed sets that give you lots of new features.

Will the expansions be plastic or resin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
lugiber wrote:
Just saw the (awesome) "Super Mutant Behemoth" render. Could you display him with a "regular" mini for size comparison?

Yes working on that :-)

for your info we've added a render showing comparative scales on www.modiphius.com/fallout

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
livio wrote:
JoystickJunkies wrote:

The base set should be enough for plenty of games - regardless of which one you buy, however each expansion will give you more characters or units, from different factions, plus new AI and Encounter cards that will enhance the experience. We'll be uploading free missions online to keep you entertained as well releasing bigger campaign boxed sets that give you lots of new features.

The expansions will be resin. Later on if the pvc starter set is popular we're considering converting the main faction sets to pvc as simple army builders but no solid plan yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:

for your info we've added a render showing comparative scales on www.modiphius.com/fallout

Thanks! That one is huge enough to feed an entire family for a week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin S
Germany
flag msg tools
Is there any chance that in the startersets might be one or two scenerypieces included? It would be great for immersion to add a Nuka Cola machine, or something like this, right from the beginning.
In my opinion it would add a lot of value, without raising the costs too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rennie
United Kingdom
Louth
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any idea of the pricing of the preorder yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi adding resin scenery actually does add a fair bit of value - the nuka cola machine is actually quite bulky and uses up a lot of resin so is more expensive than a large figure. We'd rather give just miniatures and let people buy the scenery they want.

PRe-order will be up next week - we're just working on final pricing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally the Deathclaw NEEDS to be larger almost to the Behemoths mid forearm (60-65) in the side by side image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
Hi adding resin scenery actually does add a fair bit of value - the nuka cola machine is actually quite bulky and uses up a lot of resin so is more expensive than a large figure. We'd rather give just miniatures and let people buy the scenery they want.

PRe-order will be up next week - we're just working on final pricing!
My wallet dreads the reveal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the pre-orders are live and I really like what I see! I'm going all in on the 25th when I get my salary. But where are the maps? What am I supposed to play the game on?

Also, would you consider making extra rulebooks available for purchase? It's always nice to have multiples when playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Monson
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is a play mat on the second page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jcmonson wrote:
Thanks! I didn't know that it was included in the scenic set. Or that it was available at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Jcmonson wrote:
Thanks! I didn't know that it was included in the scenic set. Or that it was available at all.

You also get the neoprene matt in the Red Rocket scenic set featuring the Red Rocket Truck Stop building

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
You also get the neoprene matt in the Red Rocket scenic set featuring the Red Rocket Truck Stop building
Thanks!
I got the all-in package to make sure I won't miss out on anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Caution: pvc is poisonous, it leaks dioxins that bio accumulate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kosterix wrote:
I love it! Very thematic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mb
lugiber wrote:
kosterix wrote:

Not the answer I expected the first statement would elicit, but still a very entertaining one! I'm undecided whether to get the PVC starter or the resin one. I'm familiar with resin and it has better detail...but the resin starter costs 10£ more than the PVC AND does not include the Deathclaw. It would be great to see a couple of the PVC and resin minis side by side.

*edit*
I just noticed than the basic two player starter sets differ 10£ in price between the PVS and resin variants. But the starter bundles have a much larger difference between the PVC and resin variants. Why is that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzerkanzler wrote:
But the starter bundles have a much larger difference between the PVC and resin variants. Why is that?
Don't quote me on this. But I believe that the resin kits are usually hand cast/casting isn't as automated as pvc casting is. Resin also costs a lot more than pvc, but the molds are a lot cheaper. So when you're not casting huge quantities of a model, resin is often a cheaper alternative to pvc since you can create the molds for $50 instead of $10.000. (I'm taking these numbers from memory, so don't expect them to be entirely accurate.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
livio wrote:
JoystickJunkies wrote:

The expansions will be resin. Later on if the pvc starter set is popular we're considering converting the main faction sets to pvc as simple army builders but no solid plan yet

Probably not feasible because of licensing issues, but I know I would snap up a bundle that I could use to replace the minis and tokens from the Fallout board game, especially if it were in pvc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzerkanzler wrote:
lugiber wrote:
kosterix wrote:

Not the answer I expected the first statement would elicit, but still a very entertaining one! I'm undecided whether to get the PVC starter or the resin one. I'm familiar with resin and it has better detail...but the resin starter costs 10£ more than the PVC AND does not include the Deathclaw. It would be great to see a couple of the PVC and resin minis side by side.

*edit*
I just noticed than the basic two player starter sets differ 10£ in price between the PVS and resin variants. But the starter bundles have a much larger difference between the PVC and resin variants. Why is that?

If you go for the resin upgrades for the bundles you are actually getting the deathclaw as well for the £30 extra, it's the same as buying the resin starter set and adding the £20 deathclaw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Panzerkanzler wrote:
But the starter bundles have a much larger difference between the PVC and resin variants. Why is that?
Don't quote me on this. But I believe that the resin kits are usually hand cast/casting isn't as automated as pvc casting is. Resin also costs a lot more than pvc, but the molds are a lot cheaper. So when you're not casting huge quantities of a model, resin is often a cheaper alternative to pvc since you can create the molds for $50 instead of $10.000. (I'm taking these numbers from memory, so don't expect them to be entirely accurate.)

Pretty much correct though the moulds are typically $500+ and they need constant replacement, the individual unit costs of figures is about 8-10 times as much and more depending on the factory. The factory were using has exceptionally high standards which is why we picked them but this does limit production volumes and that's why we also offered the cheaper pvc version of the starter since that's where everyone is going to start off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  |