Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Janssen
United States
Lake Zurich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
activate a Power Plant, set focus to a past era and repay resource(s) on a warp tile. This removes the warp tile and lets you move up one spot on the Time Travel track. (As printed on each era board.)

Is there ANY other way to advance the Time Travel track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdjanssen wrote:
activate a Power Plant, set focus to a past era and repay resource(s) on a warp tile. This removes the warp tile and lets you move up one spot on the Time Travel track. (As printed on each era board.)

Is there ANY other way to advance the Time Travel track?

The time travel track literally counts how many times you've done the operation you described above.
If another effect needed to grant you victory points, it would just give you... victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Janssen
United States
Lake Zurich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I figured.

The only confusion came in when one of the players used his Power Plant to reset his focus to the past and then on his next turn build a Super Project from the past.

The thought was, well, he traveled in time AND built something from the past, so it was a legitimate use of time travel.

I suspected it didn't count for advancing the time travel track, but thought I'd verify.

On a side note, it would be super cool if one of the warp tiles allowed you to get a Breakthrough to help snag a Super Project earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gannon Dubay
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I like big boxes and I can not lie.
badge
Rochester, NY - Willing to Play!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look closely at the icon used for the time travel track, it is a picture of a warp tile being "removed" via curly arrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Janssen
United States
Lake Zurich
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaGannondorf wrote:
If you look closely at the icon used for the time travel track, it is a picture of a warp tile being "removed" via curly arrow.

Yup. We got that one 100%.

My problem really was this foggy memory of something in the rule book proclaiming "..and advance your time marker one space." and I was sure it was a second way to do it, but I could NOT find anything in the rules. Put it down to middle age memory.

Like I said, I was almost positive the only way to do it was to pay to remove a warp tile as the era boards show, but that nagging memory left me open to doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdjanssen wrote:

On a side note, it would be super cool if one of the warp tiles allowed you to get a Breakthrough to help snag a Super Project earlier.

Didn't your game come with at least one blank warp tile for each path? If so, why now draw the combo symbol (triangle, circle, square) and make your own?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garruk TheHunter
msg tools
mbmb
I have a question about this. If I understand this correctly, when using a power plant to go back into the past to repay, you can repay/remove 1 warp tile. If you have 2 warp tile in a particular era you want to repay in the same round, you would need 2 power plant.

In a basic setup, the impact occurs after the 4th era and after that, all time travel done to repay does not move up the time travel time. So, if you asked for the max ressources (2) in every warp phase the first 3 era, build 2 power plant in the first era (don't know if it's even possible), and time travel twice each era to repay what you brought from the futur the previous era, the very most you could nove up the track is 6 times, netting you 12 victory points.

Did I get this right? And this is a very unlikely situation, so I guess the 8 spots on the time travel track are for different era configurations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pratt
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garruk wrote:
I have a question about this. If I understand this correctly, when using a power plant to go back into the past to repay, you can repay/remove 1 warp tile. If you have 2 warp tile in a particular era you want to repay in the same round, you would need 2 power plant.

In a basic setup, the impact occurs after the 4th era and after that, all time travel done to repay does not move up the time travel time. So, if you asked for the max ressources (2) in every warp phase the first 3 era, build 2 power plant in the first era (don't know if it's even possible), and time travel twice each era to repay what you brought from the futur the previous era, the very most you could nove up the track is 6 times, netting you 12 victory points.

Did I get this right? And this is a very unlikely situation, so I guess the 8 spots on the time travel track are for different era configurations?

You still get to move up the Time Travel Track for repaying a resource after the impact... I'm not sure where you read that you cannot, but that is not the case (I just reread both the "Power Plants" and the "Impact" section of the rulebook to confirm). Any time you use a Power Plant to move your focus and immediately pay back a resource, your Time Travel Marker will move one space up on the track. The only two exceptions to this are if you have Power Plant #114 that lets you do this twice, up to three eras before the current each time, and if a Warp Tile is removed through the removal of an anomaly or through the construction of a building--in both cases you cannot move up on the track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thevillagetuba wrote:
Garruk wrote:

You still get to move up the Time Travel Track for repaying a resource after the impact... I'm not sure where you read that you cannot, but that is not the case (I just reread both the "Power Plants" and the "Impact" section of the rulebook to confirm). Any time you use a Power Plant to move your focus and immediately pay back a resource, your Time Travel Marker will move one space up on the track. The only two exceptions to this are if you have Power Plant #114 that lets you do this twice, up to three eras before the current each time, and if a Warp Tile is removed through the removal of an anomaly or through the construction of a building--in both cases you cannot move up on the track.

You are correct about being no change post impact about time travel rules.

114 lets you time travel up to twice and you advance once per stuff you send back (0,1, or 2).

The generic rule is: retrieve icon: no pay, no advance. Warp icon: yes pay, yes advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garruk TheHunter
msg tools
mbmb
My bad. I was referring to the "Untangle The Contimuum" paragraph. I was under the impression that we still were in the "Impact" section, but I was in the "Ending the game section".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garruk TheHunter
msg tools
mbmb
TDaver wrote:
thevillagetuba wrote:
Garruk wrote:

You are correct about being no change post impact about time travel rules.

114 lets you time travel up to twice and you advance once per stuff you send back (0,1, or 2).

The generic rule is: retrieve icon: no pay, no advance. Warp icon: yes pay, yes advance.

Question about 114. Can I time travel back to a specific era (within range 3) and send back two things in that same era? Or do I have to warp back up to 3 era, send back one thing, then warp back again from where am at and send back another thing but in another era making this power plant range up to 6? The wording "Repeat the process" makes me doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garruk wrote:

Question about 114. Can I time travel back to a specific era (within range 3) and send back two things in that same era?
Yes
Quote:
making this power plant range up to 6?
No, it's never additive.

If you're on the 5th round you can send back a total of 2 things to era 2 3 or 4, including two on the same era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
Garruk wrote:

Question about 114. Can I time travel back to a specific era (within range 3) and send back two things in that same era?
Yes
Quote:
making this power plant range up to 6?
No, it's never additive.

If you're on the 5th round you can send back a total of 2 things to era 2 3 or 4, including two on the same era.

@Garruk: According to the lore of the game, you have power plants that open up time rifts which let you send stuff back. But the power plant itself never travels in time (and neither do you really).

Thinking of the time travel in this way makes the mechanisms of the game make much more sense, than if you imagine the power plants as "time machines", which we typically imagine as a box that actually moves through time with you inside it (like in Doctor Who or Back to the Future).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.