Recommend
20 
 Thumb up
 Hide
33 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Fallout» Forums » General

Subject: ...aaaaand it's already up for pre-order at Cool Stuff... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
$50.99, here ya go:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/246184
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And it's a reasonable price!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sepand sg
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Im gonna use my merchant perk to drop the price 30%
[8/100]success
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pabs Fernandez
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Super reasonable price!

Crossing all my fingers and toes that it plays well whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
The early bird gets the worm... and my pre-order business. thumbsup
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
added to the cart and ready to purchase!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Up for pre-order down here for $100 and change (AUD) think I need to see a little more behind the curtain from FFG before I commit.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to shipping costs I'll be waiting for Miniature Market to get it on their site thumbsup Will be the cheapest way for me to get it
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Placed it hold at CSI. Thanks for the tip, half the games I want to preorder end up being OOS already by the time I try to preorder. I already have enough stuff on hold there for the free shipping, so no worries there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news from Canadian stores?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gozilla Gozilla
msg tools
Is there any benefit in preordering, beside getting the game at a set price?
FFG games are usually produced in large quantities, there should not be problems in getting it later on, after more information is out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Place a preorder at my FLGS
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Where are the bobble heads?!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guz Forster
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hyruii wrote:
Where are the bobble heads?!


This!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
gozilla2121 wrote:
Is there any benefit in preordering, beside getting the game at a set price?
FFG games are usually produced in large quantities, there should not be problems in getting it later on, after more information is out.
You are likely correct. But I do remember the recent Arkham Horror LCG core set being tough to collar when it was released (due to a lot of pre-release buzz.) And when you think about Fallout being released (hopefully) in time for Xmas, once the casual gamers hear the news there will likely be a lot of parents wanting to buy it for sons & daughters to put under the tree. So it might be a hot commodity as a Xmas gift.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't generally pre-order stuff, so can anyone tell me if there's a disadvantage to waiting to pre-order from Miniature Market? I checked a little while ago, and it's not listed on their site.

I'd prefer to pre-order from them, but I'll go with Coolstuff if I'm risking missing out on the first print run.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
gozilla2121 wrote:
Is there any benefit in preordering, beside getting the game at a set price?
FFG games are usually produced in large quantities, there should not be problems in getting it later on, after more information is out.
You are likely correct. But I do remember the recent Arkham Horror LCG core set being tough to collar when it was released (due to a lot of pre-release buzz.) And when you think about Fallout being released (hopefully) in time for Xmas, once the casual gamers hear the news there will likely be a lot of parents wanting to buy it for sons & daughters to put under the tree. So it might be a hot commodity as a Xmas gift.


This. Arkham Horror LCG and MoM2E are sold out constantly and there are tons of threads started by people trying to locate copies. One the one hand, since it's Fallout, they'll probably print a ton. On the other, as you said, it's releasing right before Christmas, so who knows what'll happen?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbailey wrote:
I don't generally pre-order stuff, so can anyone tell me if there's a disadvantage to waiting to pre-order from Miniature Market? I checked a little while ago, and it's not listed on their site.

I'd prefer to pre-order from them, but I'll go with Coolstuff if I'm risking missing out on the first print run.


Feel free to wait for MM. That's actually what I'm doing, as I like the way they pack their boxes better. I just posted the original post because I thought some people would want to know it was already available for preorder. But, there's no advantage to CSI over MM.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The distribution issues that FFG has had lately with games like AH LCG and Destiny have caused any interest my group had in them to completely die out. I suspect that if you don't pre-order Fallout, you will be waiting quite a while to find it. I hope I'm wrong, though!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Fallout will follow the same sort of model. A big rush for a collectible card game or LCG isn't the same thing as a one-off game, even with a popular license. There's no chance of getting a "rare" Fallout, there's no competitive scene. It'll be easy to find, I think, like Rebellion.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
I don't think Fallout will follow the same sort of model. A big rush for a collectible card game or LCG isn't the same thing as a one-off game, even with a popular license. There's no chance of getting a "rare" Fallout, there's no competitive scene. It'll be easy to find, I think, like Rebellion.


Fantasy Flight is generally very conservative in their print runs, so hot boxed games of theirs are sometimes unavailable for several months between print runs. Mansions of Madness for example. That said, I'm still waiting for reviews before plunking down cash for Fallout.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How conservative in relation to a smaller publisher? A lot of small-publisher runs are in the mid thousands. Fallout looks like it's going to be a lot less plastic-heavy than Mansions 2E, which means a likely lower price per copy, and a conservative print run for FFG has got to be somewhere near a pretty large print run for a smaller publisher.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lo
United States
West Memphis
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a preorder at gamestop too, but for 60 bucks.

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/fallout-the-board-game/152157?c...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Ahr
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
It starts like hello and ends like goodbye...
badge
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stridix wrote:
There's a preorder at gamestop too, but for 60 bucks.

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/fallout-the-board-game/152157?c...

If I still worked there, I'd do it just to be able to use my employee discount. I'll hit up my FLGS for sure, though. I've been waiting for something like this for years.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Riley
msg tools
You are awesome! Thanks for the heads up! I love that site.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.