Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Stein
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can't find it in the rules and google is not helping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're asking this because you haven't seen the player mats, right? 2 and 2a are completely different player mats in terms of the art, order of actions, starting resources, and bottom-row payments. The reason they're numbered 2 and 2a is because when you randomize player mats at the beginning of the game, the first player is the player with the lowest-numbered mat. Page 3 of the rules explains the order:

Does that answer your question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time I played I had to look the order up.

It would have been clearer and more intuitive if they were called 2b and 3b.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing your opinion. My opinion is that if I had done that, people would have wondered if they were missing 2a and 3a.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Thanks for sharing your opinion. My opinion is that if I had done that, people would have wondered if they were missing 2a and 3a.

In hindsight, I'd probably say 2.1 and 3.1 would have been more intuitive than 2a and 3a. I think when you first see 2a and 3a, it feels like they should come before 2 and 3 - at least that was my intuition.

However, as soon as I read the order in the rules, it was clear and after that wasn't difficult to remember.

So I'd say it's not a huge issue and it's not like it's really obscure and difficult to remember, once you know how it works.

It's not like the new mats were numbered 20 and 30, and the order was supposed to be 2, 20, 3, 30 - that would have been confusing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.