Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Allen
United States
Mount Jackson
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it just the hype that is driving the price up? Trying to justify spending $200 on a board game. How much table time is this really going to get and can I play multiple campaigns at the same time (e.g., running one with just my wife while another runs with my board game buddies)?

Just a bit rich for my blood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Sua
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game should be less than that ($120) once the 2nd printing hits in a month or so. And yes it gets all the table time for me. Since I received it , its the only game ive been playing. 1-2 times a week for 3-4h per session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delvahart wrote:
Is it just the hype that is driving the price up? Trying to justify spending $200 on a board game. How much table time is this really going to get and can I play multiple campaigns at the same time (e.g., running one with just my wife while another runs with my board game buddies)?

Yes, you can play multiple campaigns at a time, either in different worlds (harder) or parallel campaigns in the same world (see my series Tale of Two Parties in the Session Reports for an example of that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MSRP is $140, and shipping is expensive because it's 20 pounds and VERY big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's well worth it.

Best dungeon crawler I've played in 35 years of gaming.

Might be best GAME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Scribbles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Easily worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delvahart wrote:

Michael, the hype is legit ... it is a great game Mage Knight with a tactical twist and a legacy twist.

However, it sounds like you have the patience to wait until the price drops. I imagine that you could find the game for under $100 early next year when the hype of the second printing wave fades a bit.

My .02
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
It seems like it pops up around $100 bucks every once in awhile at some place doing pre-orders. I pre-ordered mine a month or two ago for $95 and free shipping. They say out of stock now. You can just keep checking. If you can't find a good price by the time the game arrives, just go buy it retail. I can't imagine it going for more than $200 retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played a game that absolutely dominated my table like Gloomhaven. Other new games went un-played for months.

It's expensive, but if it seems like a good fit for you - it's worth every penny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My regular gaming group only plays Gloomhaven now (been the case since it came out) and so does another group of folks I occasionally gamed with. So it's not a question of whether you'll get value for your money. Having said that, I agree with the people saying that if you wait you will get the game at a better price later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.