12 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past» Forums » General

Subject: Next big expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Palma
United States
flag msg tools
I remember hearing awhile back that the next big expansion will feature bepop and rocksteady .... has it been formally announced yet? I see this new IDW game called TMNT: Showdown being advertised. Is this the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so. The next comic arc is called Fall City and I believe that was going to be the name of the next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
Floral Park
NY - New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
City Fall is the first big expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
As others have said, City Fall will be the first major expansion, and it is expected to have Rocksteady and Bebop as full villains. Beyond that, there are a few things to consider:

First, all of this is based on what IDW has consistently said their plans were, since the beginning of the Kickstarter campaign. They have not said anything to the contrary, as far as I am aware. Still, I don't know that they have made an official, "formal" announcement. Of course, I don't remember an official, formal announcement of the April O'Neil hero pack; people just started noticing it popping up online.

IDW has been consistently mum about the progress of this game. It was a hot topic during the KS, and nothing seems to have changed since. No one involved has made any indication in any way regarding City Fall, beyond initial expectations. Those initial expectations were that City Fall would be released last Christmas, but that was based on the expectation that the base game would be released last June or so. Obviously neither happened. IDW's aggressive deadlines have been another hot topic since the KS.

As a result, we still don't have any official word (again, as far as I am aware), of when CF is expected to be available. The Casey Jones and Splinter hero packs have yet to be released, and Casey is past due, I believe. This leads to the question of whether CF is scheduled for release this year . . . and even if it is, can IDW make that happen?

So it's all still "wait and see". But you can bet there will be plenty of discussion on here once people start hearing anything about it. You can also keep an eye on the unofficial Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TMNTShadowsOfThePast/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, It's not exactly like shadows of the past was well received. At least I haven't seen much on here about it.

It was also supposed to be fully co-op so maybe the AI system is taking longer to flush out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
Also, It's not exactly like shadows of the past was well received. At least I haven't seen much on here about it.

It was also supposed to be fully co-op so maybe the AI system is taking longer to flush out.

? The game has been very well received by anyone I've seen talk about it whose actually played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Wilson himself even said it had sold well and Tom Vasel put it as one of his top ten games of 2016. I think it just doesn't have the same levels of hype around it that its cousins Descent and Imperial Assault do, which makes it seem less successful than it really is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True true, and BGG tends to be bias against pop IP themes.

Edit: unless it's star wars of course!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Casey Jones showed up at my FLGS today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Casey Jones showed up at my FLGS today.

Snap. I really want to see his new sculpt to see if I want to pick him up. I grabbed the 2nd April partially for the sculpt, and partially for the errata'd card + comic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
As a quick follow-up, Kevin said on the FB group that he has no guess as to when the City Fall expansion might be released. In my mind that says that it probably won't be released this year, as it would have to be virtually completed by now if it were to be manufactured and distributed in time for the Christmas rush. I would love to be wrong, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My inner optimist says Kevin is being coy with the release date to avoid overpromising and the expansion is farther along than he's letting on.

My inner pessimist is locked in the attic and I refuse to listen to what she has to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.