Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After punching and sorting my shiny new 2nd edition KB Big Box, I used the awesome KB Randomizer app for Android from tylorlilley to determine the setup for my first game. The only condition was I wanted at least one board to be from Harvest. The second suggestion provided by the app resulted in the following board:

(Harvest) . . . . . . . . . . . . (Crossroads)
Cathedral/Watchtower | Lighthouse/Forester's Lodge
---------------------------------------------------
Canoe (Marshlands) | Oracle + Capitol (base game + Queenie)

And the Island (Bridge side).

The scoring cards were: Workers, Travelers, Rangers, and Fortress.

I'm only 3 rounds into the game, and my brain has already melted. In addition to the standard terrain there are: castles, capitols, palaces, silos, farmland and swamp. Six different location powers, including ships (Lighthouse) and tokens (Cathedral). So much to consider on the first few turns!

If you're looking for a way to show your friends that KB can be a brain-burning affair, try combining boards from several different expansions. Just keep the aspirin handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love using from all expansions and would never want to play with just a single set of boards and tiles unless teaching newbies. It is still easier than Caylus, Agricola and Pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.