Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Area of Effect chart separates out Light and Heavy weapons but I'm not seeing anything in the rules defining which is which. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryszard Tokarczuk
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it is explicitly explained in the rulebook, but... (I looked at page 10) When you are looking at the unit cards, the weapons have symbols in black or red. A circle, for weapons that "can shoot foot units (and unarmored vehicles) only"; a square (foot units and armored vehicles); there is also a triangle ("rockets", "missiles or shells").

In other words, Black Circles and Squares are Light Weapons, whereas Black or Red Triangles are Heavy.

Hope that helps,
Ryszard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response Rsyzard. Looking at the Area of Effect chart you could easily infer that heavy weapons are only those that have an effect around the shooter, which seems straight forward enough. Either way I'm not a fan of having to infer things in rules when they could have easily been explicitly stated in the glossary for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say squares and triangles are heavy, while circles are light.

If you look at the Weapons Effect table (pg 24) light weapons only impact foot or unarmored units (circles), while heavy weapons affect both armored (squares) and MBT (triangles).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4.3.7.2 Specifies it.

Heavy weapons are defined as having an area affect around the target, and possibly the firer too.

Light weapons have WE only along the axis of fire.

This is marked on the weapon on the Support Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.