Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
65 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Create your own missions for Mechs vs Minions with the MvM S.C.R.A.P. Tool! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
From the desk of Dean Rumble~

“Think you can design a better mission than me, do ya? Well, it’s time for the student to become the teacher.

With the new Mechs vs Minions Scenario Creation, Research, and Propagation (S.C.R.A.P.) Tool, everything you need to make your own missions is right at your furry fingertips. Build any battlefield you can imagine with a full selection of terrain tiles and game assets. Write your own rules and objectives, then download a custom mission dossier to play with your friends, family, and frenemies!

And for the real brainiacs among us, check out the weekly Mindmelter puzzle! Each week I’ll lay out a new scenario for you to solve as part of your master’s degree in mech-anical mayhem. Choose the correct sequence of command cards to crack the case, but be warned: I've specially designed these puzzles to stump even the most resourceful of yordles.

It’s all there on http://www.mechsvsminions.com — so what are you waiting for? The only losing move is not to play!”

---

S.C.R.A.P. Tool Direct URL - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mvm-scenario-creat...
Weekly puzzles available on http://www.mechsvsminions.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Little
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! My daughter was complaining this week that we haven't played Mechs vs Minions for a long time. We downloaded a fan created mission from BGG to play tonight. This should increase our options moving forward

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a digital fistbump for the first person who can solve that puzzle. (In a spoiler tag.) Honestly, I'm really eager to hear what the community thinks of these.

We actually commissioned the puzzles from one of the community members we found here on Boardgamegeek, Marco. He had made some scenarios that you can find in the variants section. And he also made a couple puzzles for the community that the team here really enjoyed solving. So when we decided to give players the option to make their own missions, we reached out to see if he'd mind making a couple more. To warn you, though, they really aren't for the faint of heart. After years of playtests, I guess I like to think I understand the game fairly well... and I was humbled with how long some of these took me to solve. But I really enjoyed it, found it pretty satisfying when I finally got it, so I guess I am hopeful that there is someone here who will, too.

And if nothing else, I'm stoked to celebrate such an awesome member of the BGG community.

Also, we hope the community finds a use for the S.C.R.A.P tool. If you spot any bugs or find features that would help make it more accessible, we tend to approach almost everything at Riot as a work in progress.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WTF, it doesn't support Google Chrome? The site sees it as a mobile browser and tells you to come back on a desktop. That is something that needs to be looked into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
WTF, it doesn't support Google Chrome? The site sees it as a mobile browser and tells you to come back on a desktop. That is something that needs to be looked into.

Seeing the same thing in Safari...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hey guys, we're taking a look at the mobile redirect issue right now! Should be fixed shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the puzzle feature. Kudos Marco and thanks Riot!

Possible solution for the 'Level 1' puzzle:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Start facing 'north'
1. Triple Chain Lightning, knocking out the chain of 5 minions
2. Single Speed north, dragging the bomb one square
3. Double Hexmatic Aimbot, dropping the minion in the NW corner
4. Single Memory Core, turning to face east
5. Single Omnistomp, sidestepping south, pushing the bomb onto the repair pad
6. Single Chain Lightning, knocking out the last two (southernmost) minions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdanish wrote:
Ender02 wrote:

Works fine for me in Chrome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meleeyore wrote:

Start facing 'north'
1. Triple Chain Lightning, knocking out the chain of 5 minions
3. Double Hexmatic Aimbot, dropping the minion in the NW corner
That would work, but you don't have that many cards to choose from (only 2 Chain Lightnings).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've tried the tool out with the scenario I already created earlier and see that for most scenario's this tool would suffice.

Some pointers though:
- The ability to set up lines for the Minions to walk.
- The ability to create a story with the scenario would be nice. (Text boubles)
- EZ-mode or Harder mode implementation in scenario Or should this be in "Other Rules"/"Escalations"?
- There is a limit on the "Mission Objective" text box when shown in the scenario, but no limit when you fill it.
- In the "Mission Objective" text box, Bold text will be shown between the HTML-parameters "<Strong></Strong>" instead of actually being bold.
- Noticed that "Mission Objectives" and the map itself have a background, while the other text boxes haven't. Can make it a bit unclear where 1 part starts and the other ends.
- Every "part" (Boss, school, lava wall) needs to be placed in 1 of the map tiles. It can't start in between 2/3/4 map tiles. (Though this I can understand from the technical end of things)

Also, my own scenario used the Crystal Compass in a somewhat irregular way by implementing it on the board. I can understand that this is probably best left out of the editor.

Hope this info helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galagaew wrote:
jdanish wrote:
Ender02 wrote:

Works fine for me in Chrome

You posted a couple hours after I did, maybe they managed to get it fixed. Haven't had a chance to go check again since then to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
egg_citizen wrote:
I've tried the tool out with the scenario I already created earlier and see that for most scenario's this tool would suffice.

Some pointers though:
- The ability to set up lines for the Minions to walk.
- The ability to create a story with the scenario would be nice. (Text boubles)
- EZ-mode or Harder mode implementation in scenario Or should this be in "Other Rules"/"Escalations"?
- There is a limit on the "Mission Objective" text box when shown in the scenario, but no limit when you fill it.
- In the "Mission Objective" text box, Bold text will be shown between the HTML-parameters "<Strong></Strong>" instead of actually being bold.
- Noticed that "Mission Objectives" and the map itself have a background, while the other text boxes haven't. Can make it a bit unclear where 1 part starts and the other ends.
- Every "part" (Boss, school, lava wall) needs to be placed in 1 of the map tiles. It can't start in between 2/3/4 map tiles. (Though this I can understand from the technical end of things)

Also, my own scenario used the Crystal Compass in a somewhat irregular way by implementing it on the board. I can understand that this is probably best left out of the editor.

Hope this info helps.

These are great suggestions and catches. The mission objective box has a text limit on the map page, but also shows up in full on the text pages after the individual maps and their legends. I will look into the Bold text not showing up correctly! We'll also look into making it more clear where each section ends and begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Celtic Joker wrote:
Meleeyore wrote:

Start facing 'north'
1. Triple Chain Lightning(/Speed/Cyclotron), knocking out the chain of 5 minions
3. Double Hexmatic Aimbot(/Omnistomp), dropping the minion in the NW corner
That would work, but you don't have that many cards to choose from (only 2 Chain Lightnings).
You can stack the other electricity cards underneath. I edited the solution above to describe which cards go under the stacks. Great job Meleeyore!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's so great to see how this turned out. I love how both the S.C.R.A.P. Tools as the MindMelters look.

Thanks for the public nod, Chris.
One who, I feel, also need a "shout out" is BGG member Max Nope, who came up with the initial idea here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1699851/puzzles

gloubiboulga wrote:

[post on Jan 3, 2017]
I think I've read staff from Riot about organizing player-made expansions/scenarios if there's enough (good) ideas, maybe puzzles could be part of this
He had a foreseeing mind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi De Jonghe
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Repost from another thread

Hi everyone

I created a scenario in the S.C.R.A.P Tool and busted out my copy of MvM to playtest it, only to find that I used two sides of the same tile. The lava side listed as Tile #2 and the greenery side listed as Tile #3 in the S.C.R.A.P Tool are on the same tile in my copy.

Is this a mistake in the S.C.R.A.P Tool or a misprint in my copy? (I have 10 different sides in my copy of MvM, so that seems correct).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaniv Cahoua
Israel
flag msg tools
Does the puzzle needs rules that are revealed after mission 2 ?

I just started the campaign and finished mission 1.
I sat on on the puzzle tonight but had a hard time solving it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to understand how to tow to do many of the puzzles. Two points of movement will move you one space and have the towed object move into the last space you were in.

Knowing how the basics of stacking cards and oil slicks will also help. You can also use the provided map and cards to solve it physically with your set. To be clear, the puzzles are on the challenging side. Very doable, but we were aiming for a challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prashant Saraswat
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hey Jordi, we just noticed this as well and are pushing a fix today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if it's been announced elsewhere, but the Level 2 puzzle is posted. http://www.mechsvsminions.com/

I found this very challenging. It took me about 70 minutes -- I'm sure someone out there can do better!

Thanks for the fun puzzle Marco and Riot.

Possible solution:
Start facing 'south'
1. Double Blaze (/Flamesplitter), scorching the easternmost minion
2. Single Omnistomp west, sliding across the oil, and stomping the minion on the red rune
3. Single Speed south, moving just 1 square
4. Single Cyclotron, turning left, and blasting two minions
5. Single Skewer east, spearing the minion on the green rune
6. Single Omnistomp north, sliding across the oil again, and squashing the northernmost minion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meleeyore wrote:
Not sure if it's been announced elsewhere, but the Level 2 puzzle is posted. http://www.mechsvsminions.com/

I found this very challenging. It took me about 70 minutes -- I'm sure someone out there can do better!

Interestingly I found it easier than the first one. (Although I have to say that I don't build the situation with the gamematerial but solve it in my head and for th first one I think I had the right solution quite early but somehow thought I woul be on card short.)

Quote:

Thanks for the fun puzzle Marco and Riot.
thumbsup

Quote:

Possible solution:
It is the same solution as I have.
your solution is slightly better as I switched Skewer with Speed and so my skewer doesn't pick up a minion as protection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Level 3 puzzle is posted. http://www.mechsvsminions.com/

Possible solution:
Start facing 'east'
1. Double Skewer (/Ripsaw), spearing two minions
2. Single Flamespitter, blasting the two minions on the oil
3. Single Scythe, turning right, and removing another minion
4. Double Speed (/Chain Lightning), moving 3 squares onto the repair pad
5. Double Cyclotron (/Chain Lightning), turning left (say), and blasting the last 3 minions
6. Double Skewer (/Ripsaw), dragging the bomb onto the repair pad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Eichhorn

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a repository of fan-made missions? Something like what the Memoir 44 or X-Wing editors have. I've been on the fence about picking up the game because of the limited number of missions in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Ross
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have a place to grab new missions as well. Maybe the subreddit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Level 4 puzzle is posted! http://www.mechsvsminions.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible solution for the Level 4 puzzle:
Start facing any direction
1. Single Cyclotron, blasting 4 minions and turning in any direction
2. Triple Scythe (/Skewer, Ripsaw), mowing down the 3 remaining minions that aren't against the eastern wall, and turning to face east or south
4. Single Omnistomp east, stomping one minion
5. Double Hexmatic Aimbot (/Memory Core), blasting the minion in the NE corner
6. Single Omnistomp south, sliding across the oil and squashing the last two minions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |