Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: 7 and 7s rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I activate an item or idea with a Star 7 on it, does that mean that every seven is an additional success, such that this formula happens:

Draw 3 cards get 2 "7s" meaning each 7 is worth two successes for a total of 4?

Or

Draw 3 cards get 2 "7s" meaning each 7 is worth one success for a total of 2?

I'm a bit confused by the wording of this part to understand if they exponentially get better for each 7 or are each worth one per 7 drawn.

Thanks, and yes, I know there's another question similar but it didn't really help me clarify it.

PS - regardless of answer, this game is awesomesauce!

Edited for grammar
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Toxziq wrote:
If I activate an item or idea with a Star 7 on it, does that mean that every seven is an additional success, such that this formula happens:

Draw 3 cards get 2 "7s" meaning each 7 is worth one success for a total of 2?
This.

success.seven⁻¹ × seven = success
i.e.
1 × 2 = 2
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
beri2 wrote:
Toxziq wrote:
If I activate an item or idea with a Star 7 on it, does that mean that every seven is an additional success, such that this formula happens:

Draw 3 cards get 2 "7s" meaning each 7 is worth one success for a total of 2?
This.

success.seven⁻¹ × seven = success
i.e.
1 × 2 = 2


Excellent. And does the Star 7 on the item card count itself too? I believe so...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxziq wrote:
beri2 wrote:
Toxziq wrote:
If I activate an item or idea with a Star 7 on it, does that mean that every seven is an additional success, such that this formula happens:

Draw 3 cards get 2 "7s" meaning each 7 is worth one success for a total of 2?
This.

success.seven⁻¹ × seven = success
i.e.
1 × 2 = 2


Excellent. And does the Star 7 on the item card count itself too? I believe so...


No, the "Star 7" is worth a number of successes equal to the number of "normal" 7s pulled during the action. Say if you have 2 players who are each able to play a card (item, bonus, or skill) from their hand/tableau. They each play an ability which grands a single "Star 7". Then you pull a total of 5 cards and there are 3 "normal 7s" on those action cards. Each "Star 7" is now worth 3 successes, for a total of 6 successes, in addition to any normal success stars.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridger wrote:
Toxziq wrote:
beri2 wrote:
Toxziq wrote:
If I activate an item or idea with a Star 7 on it, does that mean that every seven is an additional success, such that this formula happens:

Draw 3 cards get 2 "7s" meaning each 7 is worth one success for a total of 2?
This.

success.seven⁻¹ × seven = success
i.e.
1 × 2 = 2


Excellent. And does the Star 7 on the item card count itself too? I believe so...


No, the "Star 7" is worth a number of successes equal to the number of "normal" 7s pulled during the action. Say if you have 2 players who are each able to play a card (item, bonus, or skill) from their hand/tableau. They each play an ability which grands a single "Star 7". Then you pull a total of 5 cards and there are 3 "normal 7s" on those action cards. Each "Star 7" is now worth 3 successes, for a total of 6 successes, in addition to any normal success stars.


Gotcha, ok, that makes sense now. Thank you!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.