PlatypusNinja
msg tools
The rules text says: "...discard one gift of the appropriate virtue for each point of damage that remains. If you have discarded all the gifts of that virtue from your hand but still have damage remaining, you then randomly discard cards until you've accounted for all the damage."

Just to be super clear here: the initial discards, for the gifts that are of the appropriate virtue: they're not random, right? You get to choose which ones you discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PlatypusNinja wrote:
The rules text says: "...discard one gift of the appropriate virtue for each point of damage that remains. If you have discarded all the gifts of that virtue from your hand but still have damage remaining, you then randomly discard cards until you've accounted for all the damage."

Just to be super clear here: the initial discards, for the gifts that are of the appropriate virtue: they're not random, right? You get to choose which ones you discard?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan McCoy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
and His Amazing Zoo Crew!
badge
I'm Spader-Man.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about discarding cards NOT from damage, a la the "To Seal" text on the School, which says: Discard 1 Mind gift. So with damage, you discard a random card if you run out of a particular virtue, but for discarding/recycling/etc., do I need to have the *exact* card that it's asking for, or can I simply discard any random card if I don't have a Mind gift in my hand?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Neppel
msg tools
mb
My educated guess would be that you must "actually" discard a Mind gift. It is a specific requisite... so if you don't have a Mind gift, you're outta luck. No Seal for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.