Subject: Two questions about the Hunting rifle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The text on this item card says : "Once each turn, add or subtract 1 from any 1 Combat die".

My questions are :

1) the text says : Combat die : I suppose this item can't be used to change a die launched for solving an Investigation card ? (i'm nearly sure the answer should be no, but any opinion is welcome !)

2) When we use this item in a combat, can it be used to transform a 1 die in a 2, preventing a wound with the body die or allowing a re-roll with any die with a result of 1 (as the result is no longer a 1) ?

Personally, i would say that this item can change the result of a die for the purpose of killing a minion or a horror, but doesn't prevent a wound or allow a re-roll if the die is a 1 ...

Thanks for any help !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No answer on this one, eh? We had the same question (regarding the wound) tonight when we played...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Richard
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
1) Yup. Combat and investigations are different.

2) This is actually a good question and the answer is slightly complex.

Technically, the locked [1] only states that it "can't be rerolled". So you CAN +1 it into a 2, that's not a reroll.

But if you read the "Ones and Wounds" section of the original rulebook. It states that "- When a 1 is rolled - you suffer a wound" AND "You may not reroll a wound".

While you can still use the dice as a 1 or 2, the wound has already been suffered and that dice can't be used for a reroll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.