Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Sidereal Confluence: Trading and Negotiation in the Elysian Quadrant» Forums » General

Subject: Under the Radar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Bacon
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game came in under the radar for me. I was browsing around and saw some link to a vid. "Chinatown on steroids" was mentioned.
Is there a reason this wasn't reviewed or previewed by any of the major reviewers? I think it would have a ton of buzz if some reviewers got some video reviews out.
*I have ordered it online and am patiently waiting for Miniature Market to get it and ship it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triston Attridge
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe they too haven't got it?

I agree with you, it is a bit odd. It seems very promising and different. Shut up and sit-down mentioned it a couple of times in a very positive way at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Paulo Novello
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I preordered it from Miniature Market, but despite the August 9th, estimated release date, there has been no news about it ever since.cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nissen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jpnovello wrote:
I preordered it from Miniature Market, but despite the August 9th, estimated release date, there has been no news about it ever since.cry

It has already hit store shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bacon
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this too.. and I drove an hour trip to visit my three stores. Nothing. Ordered online. Miniaturemarket and coolstuffinc have it still listed as preorder. Sad panda, but I waited since 2013 for the 2nd ed of GMT's Fields of Fire, so I guess I can wait a week or two or three for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triston Attridge
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
mb
I can only guess that the original shipment was extremely low.

Would be great if we got some clarity from someone connected with distribution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nissen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Totality wrote:
I can only guess that the original shipment was extremely low.

Would be great if we got some clarity from someone connected with distribution?

All I can say is that it is now out of stock at all distributors. My FLGS still has 1 left in stock from initial preoder.

This game probably could have landed big if they would have done some marketing and had a bigger print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems pretty on the radar to me, I kept hearing mentioned over and over again as the surprise breakout hit from multiple reviewers, podcasts, and such before I finally broke down and looked into it more. Now it's out of stock everywhere now. I think it's actually a big hit than they anticipated. Which makes me sad because I'll probably have to wait a year for a reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bacon
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually switched my order from Miniature Market to Funagain games. It must have been one of their last copies, but my copy will arrive on Wednesday. I really didn't want to wait for secondary market or reprint for this, because it turns out I'm not as patient as I like to pretend I am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
Seems pretty on the radar to me, I kept hearing mentioned over and over again as the surprise breakout hit from multiple reviewers, podcasts, and such before I finally broke down and looked into it more. Now it's out of stock everywhere now. I think it's actually a big hit than they anticipated. Which makes me sad because I'll probably have to wait a year for a reprint.

Oh cool - I didn't see it was such a big hit. I pre-ordered it a while back and got it in a couple weeks ago, but have yet to play it. Makes me excited to try it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bacon
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeebstheman wrote:
I actually switched my order from Miniature Market to Funagain games. It must have been one of their last copies, but my copy will arrive on Wednesday. I really didn't want to wait for secondary market or reprint for this, because it turns out I'm not as patient as I like to pretend I am.

Lol. and now miniaturemarket has it. i'm too impatient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Miniature Market restock alert and quickly watched it drop from 20+ to 18 to 16, where it's been sitting for a day or so. Makes a tough decision for me because this is now my most wanted game on my wishlist, but I need to cut my purchases for the year. I could hope to get this for Christmas, but worried that a small print run could go fast and I'd be waiting a whole other year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom W -
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Only played once so far and I am already in love with this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
I got the Miniature Market restock alert and quickly watched it drop from 20+ to 18 to 16, where it's been sitting for a day or so.

Scratch that, I refreshed throughout the day at work today and watched it count down from 16 to 9 and freaked out and pulled the trigger myself, hah. This game is going fast. Grab em while you can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.