Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a 30"x30" rug printed with 10 squares horizontally by 6 squares vertically (each square approx 4"x4"). I prefer carpet material like the one used for those jumbo checkers games they sell in Walmart/Toys R Us. Does anyone know who could provide something like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Squire
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
IF YOU DON'T SEE THE FNORD IT CAN'T EAT YOU, DON'T SEE THE FNORD, DON'T SEE THE FNORD . . .
badge
‘I could tell you my adventures–beginning from this morning,’ said Alice a little timidly: ‘but it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.’
mbmbmbmbmb
jcikal wrote:
I need a 30"x30" rug printed with 10 squares horizontally by 6 squares vertically (each square approx 4"x4"). I prefer carpet material like the one used for those jumbo checkers games they sell in Walmart/Toys R Us. Does anyone know who could provide something like this?

I'm confused. You need a 30" by 30" rug printed with a 40" by 24" pattern? Something is (literally) not adding up here.

In any case, if you aren't tried to a rug you might check companies that do custom print jobs on mousepad material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly he meant 3"x5" "squares"

Get carpet remnants in appropriate color and texture.

Cut out squares (or rectangles....?)

Connect them ... by sewing ... or using wire .... or metal ringlets.

Or invest in fabric coasters.

Or quilt it.

Or use fabric paint.

Or dye.

Or color fast markers.

.......... there's more than one way to checker your carpets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/Multiflex-Designs-4098627-Jumbo-Check...

You could sew two pieces of this rug together, trim it, and hem it. There are also vinyl mats for lawn games. I honestly think you are better off custom printing on vinyl if you need something so specific.

Another idea is interlocking foam tiles. They make them in many colors and sizes for trade shows and kids' rooms.

A last idea is coasters. You can probably get coasters or tiles to make a big board.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
A checker board is eight squares wide by eight squares long. If you want that in 30" x 30", then you could use 3-3/4" x 3-3/4" squares. If 32" x 32" isn't too big, you could use eight 4" squares in each direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.