Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: Long night - the coldest night rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Wege
msg tools
Heyho,

I got 2 rules questions.

1. We just played the missions the coldest night where you have to survive 8 round and start with 8 moral. It says also that if you attack a zombie you will get a frozen wound.

So, what if I use a weapon like grenade launcher which says kill 2 zombies you dont have to use the infection dice. Will I get one frozen wound, 2 frozen wounds or none?

2. For the grenade launcher...do I have to waste an attack dice?

Thanks for clarification ...I was traitor and it was somewhat impossible to get the moral down to 0, because the big disavantage of this scenario (frozen wounds) were bypassed if you for example the grenade launcher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McGeehin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
barrytrotter8 wrote:
Heyho,

I got 2 rules questions.

1. We just played the missions the coldest night where you have to survive 8 round and start with 8 moral. It says also that if you attack a zombie you will get a frozen wound.

So, what if I use a weapon like grenade launcher which says kill 2 zombies you dont have to use the infection dice. Will I get one frozen wound, 2 frozen wounds or none?

2. For the grenade launcher...do I have to waste an attack dice?

Thanks for clarification ...I was traitor and it was somewhat impossible to get the moral down to 0, because the big disavantage of this scenario (frozen wounds) were bypassed if you for example the grenade launcher.

It's only if you declare an "attack" by spending an action die. So, for example, if you had a pistol equipped, you wouldn't roll the exposure die (as the pistol lets you do), but you would still get the wound after the zombie is killed.

Does the Grenade Launcher tell you the ability is an attack? Or is it like the Sniper Rifle where you just remove the zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Wege
msg tools
Ok, thank you Matt. The grenade launcher just says kill 2 zombies without attack (which logical wise for me is an attack). But if it does not say so explicitly on the card then I guess you do not get a wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.