Secrets of the Lost Station» Forums » News

Subject: Secrets of the Lost Station: Oblivion Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Samartino
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
By fan request, I will be discussing a bit of the story behind the Secrets of the Lost Station: Oblivion Expansion.

Overview:

Oblivion uncovers the secrets behind the war of the races and offers a new level of difficulty as you battle against those tainted by Cosmic Dark Energy. Beware of the Darc Arc, as its powers rival that of the station and it has the ability to assimilate its technology. Also unlock new Darc abilities and items that have untold power, but also great consequence.

What is the DARC?
- The DARC is a new race of beings born from a cosmic energy that has entered this universe by untold means. All the EOP knows about this energy is that it corrupts all those who are infected by it, its affinity skews towards evil and the source is a titan known as Cosmos.

Who is Cosmos?
- Cosmos is a god-like being that is more powerful than anything the EOP has ever encountered. His origins do not appear of this dimension. His intentions appear to be of self-preservation and assimilation by feeding off of planets and the beings that inhabit them. A unique characteristic of this titan is that he is so powerful that he ensnares small planets and uses them as a satellite shields around his body, connected by Darc energy, to use as defense against any that try to stand against him.

What happens to those tainted by Darc energy?
- Both organic and mechanical beings can be infected by Darc energy. Once they are affected, they become possessed by the symbiotic energy and are enveloped into the collective mind of Cosmos. In addition to cosmos having complete control over these creatures the Darc energy also has the ability to synergize with its host making them more powerful then their native state of existence.

There seems to be lots of extra components in this expansion, what do I get?? This expansion has content equivalent to that of a Core game. As you explore the galaxy you will encounter planets tainted by the Darc. These encounters may yield the assimilation of infected rooms to be absorbed into the Station. There are also Upgrades and Items of "Untold power and Consequence". These resources are infused with Darc energy, if you use them in an attempt to gain the power for an ultimate victory... be careful, you may also end up paying the ultimate price!

What kind of story can we expect from this expansion?
- The Story Arc in Oblivion features the climax of the Secrets of the Lost Stations Series. You will go on a cosmic "CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE" journey where the Station attempts to track down the Darc Arc in a race to rule the galaxy. During your journey you will be orbiting planets seeking resources to defeat the Darc Arc while trying to rid the planets of the corruption spread by the Darc Energy. This Epic conclusion will yield multiple boss battles including a station stand off and the ultimate battle against Cosmos. If your team can survive the encounter, you will ultimately discover the secret of the Lost Station... AND the Lost TOMB!!!

The Inside Scoop
: There are multiple ways to defeat Cosmos, one of which depends on your ability to unite the races of the galaxy to form a collation. This special union is symbolized as part of the self-expanding nature of Secrets of the Lost Station by collecting the special tiles that are found in each of the expansions. Don't worry, you won't need every expansion to conquer the oblivion expansion, but if you do, you will be able to unlock a special ending!

Thanks for your interest in the Secrets of the Lost Station: Oblivion Expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I pledged 250$ even before this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Aylwin
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Cosmos does not look like he will be tough to beat at all.... I like that the expansion ties everything together and I am already curious about the secret reveal. This sounds incredible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Fantastic! So excited about this game. I hope you get a lot more backers on Kickstarter these last few days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.