Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newbie question on anytime conversion of rubies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just got Caverna and had a few fantastic solo and 2p games. In the last game I wanted to use a Ruby to buy a second Wild Boar between the feeding and breeding phase of the harvest, so that they would then breed. I couldn't accommodate the Boar before the harvest, but cooked a lot of sheep during the feeding phase, which meant I then had room for the extra Boar. I guess the Ruby conversion during the harvest gives me no advantage, as I could have just cooked the sheep and bought the boar before the start of the harvest, but wanted to check this is OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
Definitely OK.

Phew - and many thanks for confirming. Having made so many mistakes such as allowing family growth from round 1 and not covering up the 4 action spaces on the first board in solo, I think we are now ready to roll ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... well nearly ready, the next game, which was solo, I was enthusiastically using Stone Carver, unaware that I hadn't actually built it yet. Starting again I then had my first error-free solo game and scored 102!

At the risk of annoying purists, I had actually randomly chosen 2 of each of the 5 types of non-dwelling buildings, to create an offer of 10 buildings to focus on, this suggested a natural group of about 5-7 buildings that worked well together, and helped me over the initial daunting prospect of all 48. Once I had started out on the game I wanted to work with these buildings and so didn't even set the others out. Whilst as a newbie I found the random selection of an offer of 10 buildings to focus on helpful, I did subsequently find I had grain coming out of my ears, partly because I was getting 5 food for 2 donkeys, so in retrospect I should perhaps have gone beyond my offer and tried the Beer Parlour.
I really enjoyed this game, at one point I even thought that I was having more fun more than in (my favourite game) Agricola, as my farm was more varied and I wasn't quite so grimly stuck on the bread-line, but I quickly put that out of my mind in case the Agricola police could read my thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.