Subject: Switching between chapters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I know you can play the missions in a chapter in any order you want. Can you also switch between chapters at any time?

I'm curious why the decision was made to not keep the missions linear as in PACG. On the surface, it seems like it will be much more challenging for the writers to tell the overarching story of the game this way. Doubly so if you can switch between chapters at any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
You're free to select any mission from any chapter at any time. Switching chapters has a little extra card-organization friction, though, so most play groups will probably play through a whole chapter before moving on (unless they're really just not enjoying one chapter's gimmicks and decide to skip the rest)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
VoicelessFaces wrote:
I'm curious why the decision was made to not keep the missions linear as in PACG. On the surface, it seems like it will be much more challenging for the writers to tell the overarching story of the game this way. Doubly so if you can switch between chapters at any time.

Because some stories aren't linear. Don't worry, we've given ourselves more than 100 pages and 1400 cards to tell our story over the three sets. We'll be fine.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I like to imagine that my {future} group of Saints is like a low-powered Justice League, specializing in supernatural threats. Depending on which chapter we choose to play a mission from when we sit down at the table, those are the villains who are causing trouble this episode/issue.

I am concerned about playing with multiple different groups, but it seems easy enough to just write down a character's cards before you dismantle his deck/halo to let someone else try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there're dividers for each Saint, so you can leave the cards there ... I mean, if that leaves you enough Gifts. =]

And I believe the mobile companion app will let you track your character decks when it releases this week (app-store-approval willing, as I understand).

I'm still debating picking up a binder -- on the one hand, it's not like I don't have binders and 9-card sheets. OTOH, the UltraPRO ones look pretty damn boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.