Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks great but for one concern that I have. It doesn't appear that there's much meaningful decision-making in the game. You're forced to play a very specific number of cards, no more and no less, which is very limiting. I know you can modify the dial if you have the cards to do so, but it looks like you should just play whatever hard-hitting or strong defense cards you have at the moment. I haven't played the game, so this is just a cursory impression from reading the rules, and I do hope that I'm wrong as the game looks fantastic otherwise.

What kinds of decision-making occurs during the game that can make a big difference? What choices of strategy do players have, if any? For example, if I and another player both have the game and we both played Arachnids against each other, could we take completely different approaches to winning? I know there is the influence deck as an alternative win condition, but in our interactions with each other, are we just pursuing the same strategies against each other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vermin Games
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmb
Hello, Korric,

The game is actually quite management- and decision-heavy. Your cards can be played in a variety of meaningful ways and you can (and will have to) adapt to the actions of your opponent(s).

You may play for the long run or throw all in, you can invest in Orbitals or gather cards for some action combo, you can play offensively or just disrupt the enemy while building some combo - it all depends on your decisions.

Different Solar Boards also add to replayability.

You can have a glimpse of the feeling of an APS competitive game here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Sb8aWgVf3AMGc1NEVUWUYzYk0...

And for the coop here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Sb8aWgVf3ASTVkdGNWQllQWUU...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.