Subject: Question on scoring Famous trait rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff Duncan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I just had a disagreement on how to score the Famous trait at the end of the game. The wording in the card says "During Final Scoring, double the effect of your Alignment card." I took this to mean that while going through the scoring steps, when you get to Step 3 - Alignment Card, you double it then (so if you had 3 stars you instead get 6 total for your alignment).

Her argument was that you don't score Trait cards until Step 6. So, she read it to mean on Step 3 you get the usual 3 stars for alignment, and then when Step 6 comes around and the Trait card is scored, you then get to add double your alignment (so +6 in the example above). Since that's potentially a big swing in the final score I'm curious to see who is correct, but I couldn't find a clarification in the rules or on here. Can anyone help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The intention is that the most points you can get from the Famous trait is +3.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Duncan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! We love the game and have already backed the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.