Subject: Deathbird's master strike rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Alexander
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"If there are already any Shi'ar Villains in the city, each player gains a Wound. Then this Strike enters the city as a Shi'ar Battlecruiser Villain with 7 attack, worth 5 VP."

I'm assuming that when there are no Shi'ar Villains in the city (thus nullifying the first part of the Master Strike's conditions), the "then" would not prompt the second part of the Master Strike's conditions to take effect.

If A, then B. If no A, no B?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. They are two separate items. First is the action regarding players getting a wound or not. After that portion is done, you address the second. No matter what, the Twist will enter as a Battlecruiser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As David wrote.

When Legendary uses "then" (King Hyperion is another one for example) it is not part of an "if... then" statement, it is chaining events together, "do this (if you can), then (regardless of the first part) do that".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Generally, whenever Legendary would use an "if-then" statement, it uses the the phrase "you may" at the beginning of the first sentence and the phrase "if you do" at the beginning of the next sentence. (It also occasionally uses "if you don't.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Since the question was answered and I have one about desthbird I figured I could ask here. If you are playing epic deathbird and a tactic enters the city is it 8 attack like printed or 10 based on epic's higher number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crashfach wrote:
Since the question was answered and I have one about desthbird I figured I could ask here. If you are playing epic deathbird and a tactic enters the city is it 8 attack like printed or 10 based on epic's higher number?

We play it as equal to the printed attack on the tactic, so 8. The first time we played Deathbird's Epic side we did the tactics at 10, because we thought it felt right. Then another player made a pretty persuasive argument based upon the tactic wording. Since it just says that it "...enters the city as a Villain whose only ability is..." we decided that it becomes "un-affixed" to the Mastermind and should be played as written.

I'd be interested to hear other thoughts though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.