Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Palmer
United States
Birdentown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,
Just starting to get my head around this game (my first serious war/strategy game) and have a question about stacking. Per 8.1.1.1, I am confused! Can some one help me understand who can and cannot stack for free?
Is it all counters with the same color/designation unit or is to do with a group with an HQ a certain size?
If some has an example to help me with, that would be great!
Jeff...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Units which all belong to the same division may stack in the same hex. This typically applies to the US divisions, i.e., the 82nd or 101st. If you look at the HQs, they have a divisional symbol, "XX".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux
Canada
Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In NWIP, the only multi-counter divisions are:

US: 10 Mtn, 82nd, and 101st.

PRC: 43 Abn, 44 Abn, 45 Abn.

RU: 98 Gds, 106 Gds.

That being said, with the provision of "no other units present" and the fact that all of these are infantry with 1 SP per counter, the rule doesn't factor into NWIP. Even all of 10 Mtn is only 4 SPs.

In NWK and NWT it's very different due to the armor / mech US BCT where a division can have a total stacking of 7 (NWT) or 9 (NWK) SPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexandre is correct. It primarily affects NWK and NWT.

In NWIP, it does also affect the Indian divisions which have their mechanized infantry brigades detached, e.g., 4/I. Even stacked, they're still only 4 stacking points, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Palmer
United States
Birdentown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hard
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I screwed this up on my first couple of plays. It wasn't until my second read through of the rules that I caught my error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.