Star Trek Panic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fewer missions without breaking the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vic Rosen
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi!

I'm pretty geared up for this game, but I know that realistically it probably won't hit the table too often if it (everytime) is a 90+ minute commitment.

So, I wonder if simply playing fewer than 5 missions will work without the game turning wonky?

(For instance: "Hey, how about a one-mission game of Star Trek Panic").

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee Abel
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
We do three missions, but you only get to go through the deck once. If the deck runs out, you've lost. Just the right amount of time for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
It won't "break the game" in any meaningful sense of that term, but no "panic" is going to set in until at least the second mission. I would suggest playing at least three missions total (not necessarily completed), which should bring you in under an hour but still add some excitement toward the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Rosen
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot! You're pushing me towards a buy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to scale the damage to a shorter game (e.g. 3 missions), start with 3 destroyed shields (randomly chosen).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.