Subject: Can a tournament deck be made without... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Superfly Snuka
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a tournament deck be made without Vibroblade or Force Speed? Every deck list I see has one or both of them and the holdout blaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and yes.

There are even tournament decks without holdout blasters (though they are far fewer in number)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christensen
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, Poe/Maz typically doesn't run those

Also, Triple Death Trooper is a decent deck that doesn't have them either. You could even replace the Holdout Blaster pretty easily.

Death Trooper
Death Trooper
Death Trooper

Moisture Farm

x1 DH-17 Blaster Pistol
x2 F-11D Rifle
x2 Holdout Blaster
x2 Imperial Discipline
x2 Rocket Launcher
x2 Training
x2 Wingman
x2 Z6 Riot Control Baton

x2 Aftermath

x2 Battle Formation
x2 Cannon Fodder
x2 Endless Ranks
x1 Imperial War Machine
x2 Squad Tactics
x2 Suppression
x2 The Best Defense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Beaumont
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
I have a Carcassonne Hunters and Gatherers tile tattoo !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donnyrides wrote:
Can a tournament deck be made without Vibroblade or Force Speed? Every deck list I see has one or both of them and the holdout blaster.

Force Speed is blue character only and blue characters are *usually* melee focused, therefore Vibroknifes. You must be looking at a lot of Blue character lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pishposh wrote:
Yes, Poe/Maz typically doesn't run those
Unfortunately it uses a ton of other legendaries instead, including Poe himself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Superfly Snuka
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
forgot about the crazy powerful Z6 Riot Control Baton. I know the game is just a baby right now, but if you don't own these cards, you don't really have a chance unless you find a way to use GG and take an weapon from a dead enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinfield
msg tools
It sounds like you are perhaps looking at tournament decks involving Rey, who pretty much does need all three cards because they make her ability bonkers.

Not every Blue deck will really need to run Force Speed; however most aggressive ones will probably want to as there isn't really anything else that does what it does. Slower decks (something like Ventress/Dooku) or decks that are only splashing Blue can get away with out it.

Vibroknife is pretty much auto-include for melee decks, just because its ability is so good and there aren't that many melee upgrades that compete with it. If you don't have it, you'll probably need to think about what you can run in place of it.

Holdout Blaster is (comparatively) less of an auto include, largely because there's a lot more competition in terms of ranged damage upgrades. It's still good, but most ranged damage decks can probably get away without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phasma uses neither and can win Store Champs, one won our first of 3 local ones. I got 4th place with a deck with no damage cards in it at the last store championship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I say Yes. I played at a Store Championship with ePalp and without Force Speed und of Course without Vibroknife. I ended up 6th of 11. There were 2 very close Matches which I lost which could go either way.

But I think with Force Speed the Deck would be better. It was still viable and competitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.