Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Beason
United States
Carrollton
US
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the shipment arrived in Grand Prairie, TX, on August 4, I thought, excellent, I'm only 15 minutes from there . . . I'll get 7th Continent in no time. I'll play all day Saturday and, yeah, a bit of Sunday, too. Apparently, the game gods decided I needed a lesson in patience.

Instead, the game sat there for several days until Thursday, August 10. Great! I thought, I should have it by Saturday!

But it wasn't meant to be. Like a goat that gets out of its pasture, my package went far afield, over an hour away in Rhome, TX, where Giant Burger is the best eating in town. The carrier saw the problem and started to reroute on Friday. Maybe, I thought, maybe Saturday? Saturday night arrived but no package. And FedEx Manager said that it would be at least 2-3 more days.

Finally, late, late Sunday, I see that it's in my town and ready to be delivered on Monday, August 14 . . . except that the painters were available early and able to start painting the house on Monday.

Now, every flat surface in the house except for our bedrooms sits wrapped in plastic, as my 7C box sits all assembled and ready to play in 3 days when the painters leave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gbeason wrote:
When the shipment arrived in Grand Prairie, TX, on August 4, I thought, excellent, I'm only 15 minutes from there . . . I'll get 7th Continent in no time. I'll play all day Saturday and, yeah, a bit of Sunday, too. Apparently, the game gods decided I needed a lesson in patience.

Instead, the game sat there for several days until Thursday, August 10. Great! I thought, I should have it by Saturday!

But it wasn't meant to be. Like a goat that gets out of its pasture, my package went far afield, over an hour away in Rhome, TX, where Giant Burger is the best eating in town. The carrier saw the problem and started to reroute on Friday. Maybe, I thought, maybe Saturday? Saturday night arrived but no package. And FedEx Manager said that it would be at least 2-3 more days.

Finally, late, late Sunday, I see that it's in my town and ready to be delivered on Monday, August 14 . . . except that the painters were available early and able to start painting the house on Monday.

Now, every flat surface in the house except for our bedrooms sits wrapped in plastic, as my 7C box sits all assembled and ready to play in 3 days when the painters leave.

Look on the bright side. You have a shipping notice. Some of us are not so fortunate yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
Look on the bright side. You have a shipping notice. Some of us are not so fortunate yet.

I think you missed his point. After waiting 10 days for the game to travel a handful of miles, he finally received it ... but now he has no surface to play it on due to the painters.

Gary, welcome to the Curse of the Frustrated Gamer. Here's your clue card; good luck freeing yourself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, he has a bed. And a floor. He's gonna need to learn to start making do if he's going to survive the 7th Continent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
edparkmike1 wrote:

I think you missed his point. After waiting 10 days for the game to travel a handful of miles, he finally received it ... but now he has no surface to play it on due to the painters.

Gary, welcome to the Curse of the Frustrated Gamer. Here's your clue card; good luck freeing yourself!

I understand his point. The game has been close enough to taste it for days. Very tantalizing but just out of reach. Just saying I rather be in that situation rather than not knowing if the kitchen will be closed before you received the meal you ordered two years ago

Enjoy your game Gary. Hopefully a friend can provide you a space to lay out 7c while the paint dries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had a chance to play yet, but with the "Not Enough Space" area of the rulebook, I thought about playing in bed with a large book and just saving frequently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Beason
United States
Carrollton
US
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really complaining . . . I just thought it a humorous how things work out.

Perhaps it's because I haven't backed a KS in a number of months.

I did clear off my nightstand to at least play a few turns. Even early on, I felt the tension of "Do I make progress towards my goal or do I search for resources to craft?"

And even in those few turns, I got 2 of Frankenstein's Skill cards, but I'm at my max of Skill cards. Do I play the skill that restores the Action deck now or hold on to build up the discard pile but risk having to discard a good skill card?

Lots of good choices even in my little taste of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim MacDow
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Outside US & Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think I'd go find a friends / relatives house, cafe, pub or library to play in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Anzaldo
Mexico
Mexico
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing to bear in mind is remebering if you asked to be shipped after the 28th. I sent a note to Serious Pulp and was gently reminded that I did opt for the delayed shipment.

Remember explorers. Your actions will bear consequences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.