Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the differences between the contents of the PDFs found here and the printed contents of the upgrade kit.

I've just bought R&B2 and I'm keen to buy R&B1 because I have to say not having a ghost ship is making me sad. Happy to play with print and plays until the retail release of the Upgrade Kit, but just want to know if there are any really bad updating errors they fixed between playtesting and printing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Rupes
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump - we apparently aren't getting a retail release for the season one upgrade kit... and 2nd hand copies are now selling for $100, so this is a pretty important question considering P&P is all we have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OP here. I managed to get an upgrade kit, so can provide answers.

I'll go through each crew as I have time. Here are the changes for Bone Devils.

Little Tom
Cleaver Frenzy - level 1 and 2, 4+ to hit
Lash of Torment - level 1 range 3, level 2 2+ to hit

Patchwork Porter
Soul Siphon - level 2 tolls 4 dice
Reanimator is now a passive saying "when crew (friendly or enemy) are KO'd, Porter may pay one good per crew KO'd to deploy 1 deckhand in a zone containing friendly crew."

Ghosteye Gunther
Banshee Round - level 1 rolls 3 dice

Eric the Dead
Cleave in Twain - level 1 upgrade cost 3, text reads "if this attack hits, roll a die. Hits deal that much damage +1."

Daedalus
Soul Blade - level 1 upgrade cost is 4

Mr. Smith
Devastation level 1 upgrade cost is 3

Renfield
Sanguine Sword - level 1 upgrade cost is 3
Blood curse - add text "(friendly or enemy)" after "hero"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wellsport:

Daniel Pale
Quicksilver Blade - level 2 wordin changed to "Hits of 5+ cause silence. For each 5+ rolled, roll 1 additional die"

Stumper Pete
Chief Bosun is now a passive reading "all deckhands within 1 zone gain + to hit (this does not stack with bosun bonus). When crew in Pete's zone attack, their total attacks gain +2 dice.
Bloodlust's initial buy cost is now 4
Anger's Enthusiasm - lvl 1 damage threshold is 4 not 6, lvl 2 damage threshold is now 3 and to hit bonus is only +1
Bloodlust - lvl 1 to hit is 3+, lvl 2 to hit is 3+

Miss Mags
Hoist the Jolly Roger - Lvl1 upgrade cost is 5

Mad Ivan
Dervish Technique - lvl 1 upgade cost is 4, lvl 2, Howling attack causes Stun instead of slow

Anne Bonny
Cold Steel - lvl 2 rolls 4 dice
Bloodthirsty - upgrade cost is 3, lvl 2 text changed to "After a friendly hero KO's a Hero or Bosun. Anne may immediately move up to 2 zones and make 1 Basic Attack. Flip this skill to level 1."

Grace O'Malley
Passive adds test "with 'I Dismiss you!'" after "Each time Grace KO's a Bosun or Hero"
Double Tap - text changed to "May Prioritise heroes. If at lest two dice hit a hero, deal that hero 2 additional damage."
I Dismiss You! - lvl 2 hits cause 3 damage not 4.

Baston
Passive triggers on 6 or more damage, not 8 or more.

Slevin
Pieces of Slevin - lvl 1 upgrade cost 3

Theo
Sword and Pistol - lvl 1 upgrade cost 4, lvl 2 rolls 3 dice
Rally - lvl 1 friendly hero heals up to 3, lvl 2 friendly hero heals up to 4
Backup plan - lvl 1 upgrade cost 2, lvl 2 add "and 1 Bosun" after "up to 3 deckhands".

Deck Gun
rolls 4 dice

Tide Cards
Is That The Best Ya Got?! - text changed to "When a Friendly Hero is damaged, but not KO'd, by an enemy Hero within 1 zone. That Friendly Hero may immediately make 1 basic attack targeting that enemy hero", add 1 kraken symbol to card
Not So Fast! - text changed to "When an enemy hero would damage a friendly hero. Roll a die for each damage. For each 3+, prevent 1 damage and deal that enemy 1 damage"
No Quarter! - Change text to "All other frindly heroes may immediately move up to 2 zones and make 1 basic attack", remove kraken symbol from card.
Spit in yer eye! - add text "before rolling that attack" before "that firendly hero", remove 1 kraken symbol from card.
Lead the Charge - card name changed to "Press the Attack!", change bottom text to "If that Hero KO'd a bosun, they gain +1 action this turn. If that hero KO'd an enemy hero, they gain +2 actions this turn."
Unbridled Fury - change bottom text to "This attack gains +3 dice. Deal this hero 2 damage per miss"
Payback - card name changed to "Out For Blood", text changed to "During a Friendly Hero's Activatin. This Hero's attcks cause bleed ths turn. If you have a Hero with a Dead Man's Coin, they also gain +1 Action."
Shot of Whiskey - bottom text changed to "1 friendly hero suffers 2 damge, but may immediately move up t 2 zones, and gains 2 gold"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
La Brise Sanguine

Michel Lagarde
The Black Winds - change to +2 to rigging.

Le Boeuf
Bludgeon - lvl 1, change "3 damage" to "4 damage", remove text "Le Bouef gains 2 gold for each crew KO'd by this attack", change dice rolled to 2. Lvl 2, change text to "Hits deal +1 damage for every 3 damage on Le Beouf".
Bullrush - change upgrade cost to 6

Gaston
Crown and Glory - replace lvl 1 text with "Target 1 zone within 2 and choose 1: - 1 friendly hero in that zone may make 1 basic attack. - All friendly crew in that zone activate." Replace lvl 2 text with "Target 1 zone within 2 and choose 1: - 1 friendly hero in that zone may make 1 basic attack with +2 dice. - All friendly crew in that zone activate, add +2 dice to their total attacks."
Follow me, Boys! - lvl 2 add the following text after "that zone": "and then activate all Crew in Gaston's zone"

Damien Serre
Petite Blunderbuss - upgrade cost is 3
Kneecapper - upgrade cost is 4, lvl 1 dice rolled is 4, move up to 2 zones, lvl 2 dice rolled is 5.

Cochon Bombardier
Squee!!! - lvl 1 to hit is 4+, lvl 2 to hit is 3+

Francois L'Ollonais
Heart Eater - Lvl 2, add "enemy" before "Heroes".
Expert Torturer - upgrade cost is 3, lvl 2, add text "and suffers 1 damage per hit" after "suffers -1 to hit".

Mademoiselle DeFarge
Cruel Methods - lvl 1, replace "a damaged hero" with "an enemy hero with 4 or more damage" on both lvl 1 and 2
A little motivation - replace lvl 1 text with "Target 1 zone containing friendly crew. Immediately activate all Crew in that zone. They gain +1 to hit this activation. For each miss, KO 1 Crew in that zone." Replqace lvl 2 text with "Target 1 zone containing friendly crew. Immediately activate all Crew in that zone. Their total attacks gain +1 dice and +1 to Hit this Actiation. For each miss, KO 1 Crew in that zone."
This will make it all better - lvl 2, crew suffer STUN only (not Blind).

Tide Cards
Fine Wine - Card is now called "Poisoned WIne", text reads: "When an enemy Hero uses an Ability or Reaction Skill. Cancel that ability or reaction skill unless that enemy Hero suffers 3 damage"
Expensive Cheese - repalce text with "1 friendly hero gains 2 gold. They may spend an action to savour the cheese and gain 2 additional gold."
Mast Parkour - Card is now called "From the Sky!". Replace text with "When a friendly hero successfully rigs. That hero may immediately make 1 free basic attack, and may reroll any misses"
Emergency Rope - Add "within 4" after "to any other zone".
Rigging Assault - Card now called "Rigging hooks". Replace the bottom text with "After landing, deal 1 enemy hero within 1 zone damage equal to the rigging distance."
Let's Try that again... - remove "suffer 2 damage to".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mazu's Dreadful Curse:

Shen Wei & Shen Wong
Winds of Judgement - upgrade cost 3

Lang
passive ability triggers on 6 or more damage

Lo Fang
Jade Serpent's Illusion - upgrade cost is 4

Xia
Seven Winds Strike - buy cost is 4, upgrade cost is 4, lvl 2 dice rolled is 4
Shunpo - upgrade cost is 4. Add "enemy" before "hero" in lvl 1 and lvl 2 text.

Shu Ming
Mazu's Wind Curse - upgrade cost is 3

Ai Fei
Passive ability text now reads: "When targeting a zone containing a hero with 4 or more damage, Ai Fei's attacks gain +2 to hit."
Bounding Whirlwind - lvl 1 and 2, add "For Each miss, Ai Fei suffers 1 damage." after existing text

Meirenyu
Song of Discord - lvl 2 rolls 3 dice
Song of Acquiescence - upgrade cost is 4

Lien Hua
Steel Tempest Strike - lvl 1 and 2, add text "and then move Lien Hua up to 1 zone" after existing text.
Silence the tongue - lvl 2, hits cause stun not slow

Bosun
Mazu's Fury - replace text with "When this model is KO'd, push all enemy heroes up to 1 zone"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaand you might have to wait for the mercs. There are a about as many of them as there are faction heroes, and that's abotu two hours' work all up.

Maybe someone else can have a go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great work. But you are right: this is almost a rewrite of the original "replacement" download cards. Having zero computer skills, I would pay for an updated download of the cards.

And p*ss on CMoN for this. THEY should come up with downloadable CURRENT versions of these cards simply because they OWE it to customers who purchased the first edition (and then got shafted when CMoN changed the game). This is a perfect example of a wealthy company refusing to spend pocket change to show some respect for their customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lepailleur
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Great work. I have been messing with their file and used you correction to do a revised version of the Bone Devils that I will post here (printer friendly to print both sides). It's not perfect but it's a good enough replacement I guess. Let me know what you guys think.

I would REALLY appreciate if you find the time to do the mercenaries as well :-)

EDIT: well I could not update it, the file end up being too large :-/
I will try to reduce the size, otherwise that's how it looks after correction. I could not reproduce the "shadow" around the text though. Anybody knows how to achieve that in Illustrator?

https://prnt.sc/imldoq
https://prnt.sc/imldsd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this.

I'm pretty pushed for time at the mo and ithink the mercs are about a 90 min job. I'll see what I can do but it might be a few weeks away, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anybody who still might care, I'm updating all the 4 PDFs with the changes listed in this thread. Anybody who's willing to proofread let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 1.0 versions are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ich32p3zqa5j66s/Bone-Devils-Cards%...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlmuyyw5unmpu9h/Wellsport-Brotherh...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/feardnz6a1p5vro/LaBrise-Sanguine-C...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d301jqdwr9e44h0/Mazus-Dreadful-Cur...

I also posted a thread in the base game general forums to hopefully get more eyes:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/30062303#30062303

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Ward
msg tools
This is awesome mate. Thanks. Hopefully they actually release a retail copy at some point so I can get all the Mercs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JV, if you just need an eye for spelling and grammar I can do that for you. IF you need an eye to the game rules, I'm not your girl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreadpiratewes wrote:
This is awesome mate. Thanks. Hopefully they actually release a retail copy at some point so I can get all the Mercs

At some point I'll do the Mercenaries as well - they're just not as high on the priority list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahKelley wrote:
JV, if you just need an eye for spelling and grammar I can do that for you. IF you need an eye to the game rules, I'm not your girl.

Sure! Basically any spelling/grammar errors proofing would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.