Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I get this card right:

Normally, when FLN march into a space and between moving guerrillas and cubes exceed 3 (and the space has support), all the guerrillas are activated.

The card states "...Activates if more than 2 Government cubes present.". But always a guerrilla is activated if more than 2 cubes are present (if it has support), because it will always exceed the 3 cubes+guerrillas.

My question is: What this card wants to do is you to forget the "and you need support" part to activate the guerrillas?? So, even if you don't have support, if there is a march and guerrillas+cubes exceed 3 they get activated?

If is that so, could it be maybe better explain in the card? Or maybe am I being too picky??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NOTE: I do not own the game but I have several other COIN system games. Once again, the wording (and thus, the reading/understanding) of the cards and rules in COIN games is very precise and specific.

Sounds like the card is doing exactly what you said - it removes the requirement of requiring support in a FLN march thus making it easier for the FLN guerrillas to be activated on a march.

I think the card probably represents checkpoints and greater scrutiny of movement of the population so it doesn't matter if there is no support (as normally the FLN could just "melt" into the background in an area with no support).

That's what I surmise from what you are saying but you may want to wait for Brian or someone who actually owns the game to chime in.

My main point is that the COIN games' wording is very specific and very literal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt has it right. Keep in mind the following rule:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt and Rick are right (and faster on the draw than I am, this morning).

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.