Recommend
15 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: Warhammer Quest system gets new publisher! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
metony mous
msg tools
Avatar

Epic AF/Awful Fantasy Adventures is no longer using the Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game system,
and
The Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game system will be used by some other publisher in the future for some other game.

Source: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1816457/awful-fantasy-adven...

obsidianmystic wrote:
Yes, a lot of Warhammer Quest fans wanted a new Warhammer Quest game without the Awful Fantasy theme. Since we are Awful Fantasy, we do Awful Fantasy games. So we decided that we will not be using the Warhammer Quest system. That system will be used by some other publisher in the future for some other game.


EDIT: Adam Sadler confirms current talks with new publisher!

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Warhammer Quest system gets new publisher
They said it is open to getting a new publisher, since they are not going to license it anymore. Not that it has one or ever will.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Warhammer Quest system gets new publisher
So the authors of the Warhammer quest card game won't be the authors of the new game? That's too bad.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sadler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Warhammer Quest system gets new publisher
galagaew wrote:
They said it is open to getting a new publisher, since they are not going to license it anymore. Not that it has one or ever will.


We are in talks with a publisher currently.
29 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sadler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Warhammer Quest system gets new publisher
kakuuuu wrote:
So the authors of the Warhammer quest card game won't be the authors of the new game? That's too bad.

Brady and I will indeed be involved as the designers for any new version.
34 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Warhammer Quest system gets new publisher
Welcome and fantastic news! Any hints on where the game may end up/what kind of IP may be attached to it? You know...for science? (And so we can keep an eye out?)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, please, please, no cartoony, kiddy-fied, Jar Jar Binks'esque type art and goofiness. I loved the art of the original just fine.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Grell
United States
Winter Haven
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The art is tied to the setting not the system.

While they could possibly find a publisher that has a setting with a similar dark-gothic fantasy art style like that of Warhammer, would you prefer they not publish a new game using the system if they can't find a publisher/setting like that?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone needs to not post here unless there is a new announcement. Every time I click with excitement only to see more discussion.

I am not serious, just excited for more Warhammer Quest goodness.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Femme Worth
msg tools
mb
Sorenthion wrote:

We are in talks with a publisher currently.

Nice. Hope it has a science fiction theme, if you are trying to avoid a theme too similar to the original game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Femmeworth wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:

We are in talks with a publisher currently.

Nice. Hope it has a science fiction theme, if you are trying to avoid a theme too similar to the original game.


was hoping to see it applied with FFG's Android universe.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorsmitersaw wrote:
Femmeworth wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:

We are in talks with a publisher currently.

Nice. Hope it has a science fiction theme, if you are trying to avoid a theme too similar to the original game.


was hoping to see it applied with FFG's Android universe.

THAT would be awesome!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Thorsmitersaw wrote:
Femmeworth wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:

We are in talks with a publisher currently.

Nice. Hope it has a science fiction theme, if you are trying to avoid a theme too similar to the original game.


was hoping to see it applied with FFG's Android universe.

THAT would be awesome!

Hell no. I still hope for a game that can be mixed with WHQACG, so no SF, no silly Android universe. Speaking about FFG Runebound universe would work just fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Krol
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this great cardgame system and Blizzard´s Diablo-Universe should make a baby. Imagine all the beautiful graphics, the locations and all the epic loot. Wooooow...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wehomir wrote:
Maybe this great cardgame system and Blizzard´s Diablo-Universe should make a baby. Imagine all the beautiful graphics, the locations and all the epic loot. Wooooow...


Glooorrriiiusss.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
Umm.... Cyberpunk2020/40/70.... That would sell like hot cakes...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Daigle
Canada
L'Ancienne-Lorette
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
"DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together. You will not be able to fight!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be nice if it would be in runebound universe. Would totally fit.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aubrey Mills
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorenthion wrote:
Brady and I will indeed be involved as the designers for any new version.

There is still a significant market for this game. Only three things I was unhappy about with the Warhammer licence edition (and I bought two copies):
1. The Warhammer setting didn't take the game seriously enough for me. (I'm an adult, not a high school student).
2. The location mechanic was a bit linear and static.
3. It needed more content.

You have 80 per cent of a great, solid rule set from the Warhammer licence edition, leaving 20 per cent for novelty and innovation. Do you need beta testers?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mr kipling wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:
Brady and I will indeed be involved as the designers for any new version.

There is still a significant market for this game. Only three things I was unhappy about with the Warhammer licence edition (and I bought two copies):
1. The Warhammer setting didn't take the game seriously enough for me. (I'm an adult, not a high school student).
2. The location mechanic was a bit linear and static.
3. It needed more content.

You have 80 per cent of a great, solid rule set from the Warhammer licence edition, leaving 20 per cent for novelty and innovation. Do you need beta testers?

Is there any benefit of combining two sets?

Personally I was disappointed in the Delve which just didn't work...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aubrey Mills
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:

Is there any benefit of combining two sets?

Personally I was disappointed in the Delve which just didn't work...

No benefit I can think of. I never mixed them.

Possibly the generic Delve Quest might have worked better if it had its own set of cards. As it was it became a mashup of the other five short scenarios, with the same Nemeses, monsters etc. It is also {I think} where the deficiencies in the static Location mechanic really became most obvious, because now there was a single big stack of Location cards that you had to plough through with no sense of a map about them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mr kipling wrote:
borsook wrote:

Is there any benefit of combining two sets?

Personally I was disappointed in the Delve which just didn't work...

No benefit I can think of. I never mixed them.

Possibly the generic Delve Quest might have worked better if it had its own set of cards. As it was it became a mashup of the other five short scenarios, with the same Nemeses, monsters etc. It is also {I think} where the deficiencies in the static Location mechanic really became most obvious, because now there was a single big stack of Location cards that you had to plough through with no sense of a map about them.

The issue for me was that for the first 80% it was far too easy and then it got far too hard fast. So boring and then overly challenging...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.