5 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chosen profession rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Is there still a ruling that says choosing the profession that goes with the character is the only way you get the special skill or has that rule been scrapped? I liked the idea that if you do not have an affinity with a certain profession you can't get the most out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael G
United States
New York
flag msg tools
That was scrapped. Originally it would give you a free class skill for the recommended class, now anyone can be anything without penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Canthus wrote:
That was scrapped. Originally it would give you a free class skill for the recommended class, now anyone can be anything without penalty.
Thanks. I think I will be using it if it comes to someone wanting a dwarven ballet dancer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Tyler
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original idea sounds more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original idea was far more restrictive though. There was no reason to pick a hero and class combo that wasn't recommended, all you were doing was making the game harder and restricting yourself.

I suppose that was fine if you wanted a bit more challenge, but it didn't really feel like the game was supporting an open ended choice where you could pair any class/hero combo you wanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.