Subject: claiming routes and scoring prestige point rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pi Lu
Italy
varese
flag msg tools
mb
I have a doubt. If a player claims a road I am obliged to score the prestige points (of course if I have at least one office in the cities)? Or can I decide not to do so and give up points? This is important for ending conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
ludopippa wrote:
I have a doubt. If a player claims a road I am obliged to score the prestige points (of course if I have at least one office in the cities)? Or can I decide not to do so and give up points? This is important for ending conditions.

It is not optional, even for the player who is awarded the points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to score the points. The rulebook states that points "are" awarded. It happens without anyone being given any choices about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pi Lu
Italy
varese
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
ludopippa wrote:
If a player claims a road I am obliged to score the prestige points (of course if I have at least one office in the cities)?

also to make sure you've got another rule correct... the point(s) are awarded not based on having at least one office in a city... but awarded to the player(s) who control the city/cities... you could have an office in both cities at both ends of a route being claimed but get no points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.