Brian Dobbs
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
I was looking at some of the images here for various units and I had a question about how APs are figured out.

For instance, tanks. Some tanks have an AP to fire of 5 while others have 3 or 4. What goes into this? Is it turret traversing speed? Crew quality?

Movement I can understand a little better. A quick fast tank is going to take less APs to move than a huge lumbering tank. Do I have that right?

Also, what constitutes the flank numbers for infantry and guns? I see some guns will have a flank D of 11 and some are a 12. What causes that gun with 12 to be 1 point higher than another similar gun with an 11?

Appreciate anyone's opinion or insight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The AP to shoot is a measure of crew quality and experience. The better the crew, the better they will shoot.

Flank values for infantry is a measure again of quality and morale. The better the troops, the less likely they will panic when hit by fire from their flank or rear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.