Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

Risky Adventure is a dice rolling game about matching icons to either help you in the future or to score victory points. The game reminds me of Tomb Raider or Indiana Jones where the players are rushing out looking for artifacts and rare findings to score VP (to be more famous?).

The game is light and there are not a lot of ways to mitigate the dice (just the clocks). The discount cards you get help as the game progresses. There are a few turns where you might need to punt a little bit or go after the catch all.

The look of the game is fantastic. I really like the different characters and the look of the art. The components are all thick and nice. Queen has done a great job and it makes the game very pleasing.

The down side of the game is two fold:

A. AP - One player goes, then the next, then the next, and then the last. Was that annoying to read? Because that is what you are doing in the game. There isn't anything to do on their turn. So, maybe less is more when it comes to the number of players. The turns do move rather quickly, but you better keep your friends moving or you will be going nuts.

B. The game is light. Very light. This is going to be fine and even preferable to most, but it is feather light. This is a game you can have a conversation over while you are playing.

Overall, I feel the game is mediocre. I don't have a lot of games like this in my collection, so I decided to keep it at the end of the day. I don't know how much table time it will get it, but for the price I've seen it going for lately this is a no brainer. Fun, but not great.

Keeper.

Components:

The components are really good. The game is a light dice rolling game, but the components are very over produced for what you get. Excellent job by Queen Games! (which they normally do). I have to say I love the art in this game, I love the look of the game, and the components do make me enjoy the game even more. Over produced and I love it!

Rule Book:

The rule book is big and a little too big to be handy when you are playing the game. The rules are very clear, has plenty of pictures and examples. Queen Games normally has great rule books and they don't disappoint here. Great job! I love the use of colors.

Flow of the Game:

I will not be explaining all the rules; instead, I will be explaining the flow of the game.

Game Turn:

1. You have three adventurers that you place anywhere on the board. These are the places you will roll the dice and try to fulfill the requirements.

2. Next, you roll the dice. You can use a clock token to change a side of the rolled die. You can use the dice at the locations you selected in Phase 1.

A. Excavations - Each artifact has a certain required icons that can be spent for the dice.

B. Expeditions - This a map where you will be moving your token. As you move you will getting rewards. To move, you have to give up icons on the dice to move to different spots.

C. Camp - There are spots at the camp that require different combinations of icons. There is a spot that is always there that requires 3 dice, but gives you a clock. This is a catch all spot. Certain things will require icons that are not found on the dice, but are found on the artifacts. In addition, there are bonuses that can be found, discounts for future moves, and scarabs that are set collections.

3. Clean up - You reset the board and get it ready for the next player.

Should I buy this game?:

At first, I had decided to purge this game, but after some thought I decided I don't have a lot of dice rolling games like this. I can lukewarmly recommend this game if you can find it at a good price. The components are really good which brings it up in my book.

Keeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: The Purge: # 1448 Risky Adventure: If Tomb Raider had dice, this would be the baby
I got this for 10 bucks on amazon. Not a great game, but worth it at that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Purge: # 1448 Risky Adventure: If Tomb Raider had dice, this would be the baby
fpvillalobos wrote:
I got this for 10 bucks on amazon. Not a great game, but worth it at that price.

Yes, worth 10 bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.