3 Posts

Steampunk Rally» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fulfill the race effect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Reznik
msg tools
Sorry for my English, I hope You understand

Instruction says that you have to do all the race effects and can't ignore the unwanted effects. But what if I can't to fulfill the race effect or part of them?
Example 1:
A boost card 'Aerodynamics' says to remove two red dices and besides if there are no open valves , you can move 3.
If I don't have red dices, can I use only move effect or can't play this card?
Example 2:
One of the race effect on the part of machine says to remove red dice, yellow dice, blue dice and get a damage. Can I use this effect even I have not one of dice to remove?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough (will trade by mail)
TN
flag msg tools
badge
I think in both cases the effects (removing dice) are anything but unwanted!
If you don't have enough dice of the right color to remove, you can still get the other effects.

I think the rulebook is saying you can't ignore things like taking a damage, or using a movement even if it moves you onto terrain and you have to take damage. Stuff like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk's right. For the venting dice effect, you can still do Aerodynamics even if you only have one or zero red dice to remove, and you can still activate Blast Pipe without having all the appropriate dice to remove.

Remove the ones you do have, if you can, if they are used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.